Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

Drastic
Spent the evening trying to get Drastic to work. Boy is it fast! Here’s a custom icon I’ll be using once it’s working.
Just so I don’t cross post, here’s where we’re at re: playing DS on the gameshell.

On another note, I can’t remember if I installed an action.config file for the Wonderswan, including an app icon etc. Nothing too fancy. Just a link to the Retroarch core anyone can easily download. It’s not necessarily everyone’s cup of tea I guess, which is why I can’t remember if I installed it or not. I’ve just been toying with the idea of an alternative chassis that supports a 3:4 screen orientation (as opposed to 4:3), for SHMUPS and arcade style games - Kinda like what the Wonderswan did.

Another thing I’ve been wanting to toy with is installing extra plugins for the PCSX emulator. I’ve… kinda got the Castlevania bug. Curse you Netflix. And with that comes Symphony of the Night, for some Alucard action. (no students allowed :wink: Since there aren’t really any graphical options to enable a bilinear filter, or any other means to make the text less compressed, it’s something I’d like to look into. It’s still playable of course. Just, it could be even better.

If anyone else has made any progress on the above already, it will save me having to tinker. That said, it’s always fun to do so anyway. Let me know! And as usual, let me know how the community image is running, and any requests etc.

In other news, I couldn’t reverse engineer the stock DEOT kernel to extract the two boot splash images, and I never got a response from the devs re: my request to have access to the files. So I made them myself :smiley:
These are the things that are missing from the kernel to give the final touches on the DEOT experience.
Here’s a preview.

Boot1 Boot2
(Don’t worry; the actual files are 8 bit BMP files - the forum won’t let me upload that format)

3 Likes