Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

I think the screen tearing is something that has been around for a while. Is it like a ripple that goes across the screen occasionally? Also is this something also inherent in the stock 0.5 image? The main difference I’ve applied is installing Retroarch 1.8.4 (updated) and configuring it differently.

There is something else that you can try that I’ve had to input different settings for on my two game shells.
This is in Retroarch.

1. Go into settings>video>output
  2. Scroll down to the vertical refresh rate section.
  3. You will see a flickering estimates refresh rate. Potentially adjust your refresh rate to match that, taking small steps and comparing results.
  4. The reported set display refresh rate seems to be the same; 59.794. That’s what I have it set to as a base line.
  5. Go back, and enter synchronisation, and make sure V-Sync is turned on.
  6. Optionally turn on hard GPU sync, and Sync to exact content frame rate.
  7. If you’re using content that is being significantly scaled up, but not using an exact whole number integer value, go back and select Bi-linear filtering.

That’s a few options you can enable. I favoured frame rate and sound quality over the mild screen tearing that I learned to live with, which is why I chose the settings I did.

Which games were you experiencing tearing with? And which emulator/core?

3 Likes