Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

Similar to my previous DEOT custom build based on 0.4, I have put together a new image, based on the ClockWork OS 0.5.

This is the same as the official 0.5 image, just with a lot of updates, and quality of experience optimisations. You don’t need the DEOT edition Gameshell to use this. The official DEOT image is much older, and behind the official 0.5 image. This custom image is the bridge to get the best of both worlds.

b7d679edaee7a55ad42147c9085b5e919824296a_2_462x500

Here is a google drive link to the custom image. This is where the most current build will be uploaded. To ensure you have the latest version, make sure the build number matches up. (200903)
In future, I may need to take it down to save space, so send me a DM if it does go down, and I will re-upload it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xjuLFPvbtcq3FDDYCX-GI1wTCXX4XB7n
MD5 checksum hash: 9E935ABEC3328A96C992E0802C966911

This is an alternative mirror of the current file. If Google drive isn’t fast in your country, try this one.
(Current 200903 build)

https://mega.nz/file/dzgWEIxS#G5bkNL4eAmovKaN2gEdwiAm5Y7Z_lJNZ0yYRLOm7UV0

This is an alternate mirror provided by @333mhz. This is great if you live in China and want fast speeds.
(Previous 200328 build)
https://www.multcloud.com/share/8947b1fc-653e-4254-ab5c-5c62d257a0f7

This is an alternative link, provided by @wizz. This is great if you are in Europe, and want fast speeds.
(Check the file names for which build)

https://pcroz.stackstorage.com/s/8QpmfNXFRpmOjcqA

https://pcroz.stackstorage.com/s/9HuB1Ex4QN9q3w1

Here are some older releases. The build number corresponds to the date they were released.

200626 build - 2.11 GB file on MEGA
200620 build - 2.11 GB file on MEGA
200423 build - 2.09 GB file on MEGA
200411 build - 2.08 GB file on MEGA
200328 build - MEGA
200327 build - MEGA
200323 build - MEGA
200319 build - MEGA
200313 build - MEGA
200307 build - MEGA
200224 build - MEGA
200128 build - MEGA

Current Features and Change list:

Base features

1. DEOT skin restored, and matched up to the current 0.5 image file structure. Loading screens and menu items also updated to reflect DEOT. /etc/motd welcome screen also edited to reflect the DEOT release. All icons have now been edited to match the unified theme. You can simply choose the default theme in the skin chooser, if you wish to return to a more vanilla 0.5 experience.
  2. Retroarch updated 1.8.4 - all parameters enabled and options installed, including a very fancy XMB menu. All cores used by the default gameshell emulators that require retroarch have been pre-downloaded. Mame directional controls and input addressed, adding the user cpi to UDEV group, and controls predefined. All assets, shaders etc downloaded.
  3. On each release, I perform a) a launcher update, and b) a general asset/core update on retroarch. I have deliberately omitted an apt update && upgrade as unless there is a need, this risks breaking things.
  4. The latest debian updates include unused features in the music player daemon (mpd). I have modified mpd.conf to disable unused plugins, eg Qobuz, Tidal, id3v1 encoding, avoiding having a verbose printout at every boot up. Keep this here if you ever decide to do an apt upgrade yourself.
  5. A remove mail and filesystem expansion script included in the Utils folder.
  6. Global volume control installed.
  7. ChocoDM and additional ID software WAD wrappers set up. This allows you to play Heretic, Hexen and Strife. You can find it in the Retro Games folder, under “id” You can edit the control on the fly, using dinguxcommander in the utils folder, and navigating to /usr/games/ and choosing the apropriare setup. By default, the accept button (or Y for yes on a keyboard) is the B button on the gameshell (Or the bottom input key). This is useful to know, so you can exit out of the game.
  8. PicoDrive standalone emulator installed
  9. Mupen64plus installed and configured, including the inclusion of state save/load via shift select/start. Menu now does turbo, and quit is invoked by shift+menu.
  10. Action files modified to point to a more logical rom folder hierarchy, have more file extension support and have retroarch dependent cores installed within the retroarch system directory.
  11. Edgelord icons/apps are back. Love them or hate them, they’re what make DEOT Unique. They are all in Chinese unfortunately, and are hard coded as such. I won’t be able to translate them. You’re not missing out on anything. The manual app is for the DEOT apps specifically.
  12. OP-1 theme has been removed to avoid future compatibility problems.
  13. Action files and retroarch config has been updated to use index - powered by h5ai v0.29.0 (https://larsjung.de/h5ai/)
  14. Just so you know, the input mode is set to SNES, which I find is superior given the nature of the console. Retroarch exiting is now invoked by pushing shift+menu twice. This avoids accidental exiting pushing menu alone. Menu now invokes, you guessed it; the menu. This makes more sense in my opinion.
  15. Everything should be fairly updatable as if this were a stock 0.5 image.
  16. @Petrakis 's Battery monitor app installed to the Utils directory.
  17. The .xinitrc file has had legacy file location entries removed, as they were unused. Just a cleanup.
  18. The bug in the stock 0.4/0.5 image with duplicate entries in both /apps/Menu and /launcher/Menu that caused certain menu items to vanish has been fixed.
  19. @guu’s rootfs expand script, and an optimised zeroing of empty space has been applied to the current version.

Changes (As of 200224)

1. xbindkeys installed to allow key shortcuts to exit/kill apps that don’t have easy termination processes. eg, sampler box and scummvm.
  2. Samplerbox shortcut in utilities. (Exit it using menu key) thanks @edward
  3. Scummvm shortcut made in Retro Games. (Exit using shift+A+B+X+Y) You will still need to sudo apt-get install scummvm. I have omitted from doing this on this release, as you will not be able to use this unless you’ve installed the mouse mod to the arduino. Unfortunately, I can’t do this from the image end.
  4. Slightly modified .xinitrc that uses twmrc in HDMI mode, but sticks with dwm-mod in handheld mode. There were no benefits in hand held mode, and it only made the interface slower. We’ll see how the mainline image tackles it in the future, and go with whatever is chosen then. I personally don’t have this on my day to day image, but I know that people will complain about the slower menu speeds.
  5. Cleaned up and optimised mupen configuration, and action.config to reflect using a /usr/local/bin file location.
  6. Quake 2 shortcut removed.
  7. Returned freedoom part 1 and 2 - I previously deleted, while culling all games.
  8. DEOT Skin settings items modified to have the appearance of stock, with the colour of the DEOT interface. I still can’t get the modified items to work. I believe it’s a font issue or something else referenced in the skinmanager.py file.
  9. The OP-1 theme has been returned, and adequately doctored to reflect the new file structure of 0.5. Likewise, Canisminor has been included with similar fixes.
  10. Fixed the vertical justification of the /etc/motd file so that the welcome splash message better reflects the stock DEOT OS.

Previously mentioned updates reiterated, with links to initial post:

1. Tweaked retroarch config to try and have more of a focus on vsync and screen tearing issues, than audio timing/skewing. It seems that most people care about visuals more, than actual frames and audio quality. On my day to day image, I personally prefer to have Vsync off, and just have audio sync, since it gives more reliable frame rates, and better audio. But screen tearing is what people see, so lets see how this goes. see here
  2. Font overlap fixed
  3. DEOT Apps cleaned up
  4. Cleaned up some of the retroarch directory structure
  5. The initial tweak to the .xinitrc reference to the window manager

Changes (As of 200307):

1. Updated Kernel to 5.4.20
  2. Updated to Debian 10, Buster, maintaining Lima drivers functionality. Ie, Buster hasn’t broken everything like it normally does.
  3. Installed and configured ScummVM

Changes (As of 200313):

1. Stripped the first 1M from the stock DEOT image to finally have the proper first boot screen
  2. Installed and configured Drastic DS Standalone emulator and made DS ROM directory
  3. Installed and configured OhBoy Gameboy Standalone emulator
  4. Installed and configured Fceux NES Standalone emulator
  5. Made launcher menu item for FBA Arcade and made FBA ROM directory
  6. Made launcher menu item for Wswan Wonderswan and made WSWAN ROM directory
  7. Emptied the mail
  8. Removed the stray kernel building files
  9. Did a general update of retroarch cores, assets, shaders, etc.
  10. Clockspeed reporting back to being stock 1008.0 MHz

Changes (As of 200318)
see here for more notes

1. Wonderswan icon colour fixed
  2. Made SCUMMVM games directory
  3. drastic.cfg modified for screen display
  4. mupen64plus.cfg modified with updated keybindings for C buttons
  5. Kernel 5.5.9 tested, and 1400MHz overclock tested.
  6. Include script to test out kernel and dtb clock settings, and change back (in Utilities)
  7. Slight palette change to desktopbg.jpg to match the overall DEOT feel.

Changes (As of 200319)

1. Fixed up a typo in the name of a clockspeed utility file.
  2. Shrunk image (3.15GB) and applied guu’s auto expansion script

Changes (As of 200323)
more info

1. Resolved screen flicker issue.
  2. Provided updated kernel options.
  3. Changed sources.list to use a standardised location (http://deb.debian.org/debian) pointing to buster.
  4. Performed an apt-get upgrade.
  5. Replaced UI elements to allow DEOT Fonts.
  6. Restored DEOT Style Brightness and Sound volume settings pages.
  7. Removed Launcher Go settings page, and removed Launcher Go.
  8. Removed OP-1 and Canis Minor themes. (for now)
  9. Cleaned up Games directories, and moved DEOT Extras folder closer to utilities.
  10. Moved the xbindkeys scripts to their respective directories.
  11. u-boot-tools and flex installed for self kernel compiling.

Changes (As of 200327/200328)

1. Update to retroarch 1.8.5, and update to assets/shaders etc. Default menu driver is now ozone.
  2. Retroarch update script
  3. Swapfile script
  4. DEOT custom settings toggle script
  5. DEOT theme moved to /home/cpi/launcher/skin, and only activatable now via above script
  6. XDO tools installed
  7. SCUMMVM modified to have a F5 key remap see here
  8. Small shuffles and cleanups to app icons
  9. PCSX Retroarch action.config and core added
  10. OP-1 and canisminor themes restored, and greey added
  11. 5.4.6 Vanilla 0.5 kernel selector added, in case you really want to change to the stock white boot splash screen
  12. Some typos in the action.config files of the wonderswan and picodrive cores are now fixed
  13. HOTFIX 200328 - restored config file of the chocolate doom etc wrappers. See here

Changes (As of 200411)

1. LowResNX installed, with custom DEOT style icon
  2. Warehouse now works while in DEOT mode
  3. DEOT (de)activation script now copies more dependent UI and lib files, as required
  4. Hidden files for remaining DEOT settings pages included, along with commented out entries in activation script, in case anyone else wants to try their hand.
  5. Small icon fixes, re: retroarch utilities, DEOT activation and wonderswan colour correction
  6. Added an extra retroarch config recovery script
  7. BeetlVB Virtual boy retroarch core installed (N.B. It runs TERRIBLY)
  8. Mednafen installed, using @r043v’s config - but made hidden in apps menu, as most emulators aren’t properly configured yet
  9. Mednafen script dedicated to Virtual boy included, along with custom DEOT icon
  10. Optional: Brutal Doom script
    Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903) - #90 by javelinface

Changes (As of 200423)

1. Activate the extra mednafen modes, keybinds, and optimisations, eg bios paths etc (they’re currently hidden in the apps/launcher menu); in particular addressing virtual boy appearance
  2. Add in the gpsp game config file see here
  3. Fixed some line colours in the settings page
  4. Include “hacker man” vector grid background
  5. Disabled beetleVB, because mednafen is just better in every way
  6. Alternative DEOT Light theme included

Changes (As of 200620)

1. A final apt-get upgrade and clean
  2. Retroarch 1.8.8
  3. Retroarch video filters and audio dsp built, and moved to the correct directory
  4. Edited mupen config for further compatibility/speed
  5. Edited mednafen config for more bug fixes
  6. Pico-8 installer updated to accept and look for the latest file/md5checksum
  7. Added Russian language option
  8. Wifi shows MAC Address
  9. Bluetooth includes “forget” dialogue when selecting items and pushing Y
  10. Changes to settings menu, removing the update menu item - DEOT OS is far too different now, and it will just cause problems to update via the launcher
  11. Updated lowres NX to support proper resolution
  12. Fixed keyboard font to allow for more symbols, re: wifi passwords (veramono)
  13. DEOT style airplane mode toggle and storage display now accurate
  14. MPD spectrum colour correction
  15. Tidied up the defined fonts and colours in skin_manager.py
  16. Optional boot sound - disable it by deleting startup.mp3 from the music directory, or by running the DEOT mode disable script in utilities
  17. Added DEOT version info in “about”
  18. Removed experimental label from LIMA driver
  19. Cleaned up language ini file
  20. Included @Joao_Manoel’s 5.7 kernel, with DEOT splash image. Enable it via the Kernel switcher.
  21. New Language: DEOT - changes the display of launcher items to reflect what they are called in DEOT V1 (not enabled by default)
  22. Included an extra 1200MHz overclock option
  23. Verbose/Silent boot.scr toggle in utils/kernel launcher directory
  24. Wifi modules installed to allow Joao’s 5.7 Kernel to have wifi
  25. Removed the sudo reboot command from the utilities to switch kernel/clockspeed. Reboot manually after choosing your desired combination

Changes (As of 200626)
CHARACTER LIMIT REACHED! WOW I didn’t think that was possible. See here for release notes

Changes (As of 200903)
see here

Future changes:
  • Install Emulation Station , PokeMMO and Godot.
  • Doctoring all the icons to be used in the default theme, so there are no longer just initials representing the new apps
  • Optional Abbaye des morts script - pending How to install l’Abbaye des Morts?
  • Add more file types to action.config files, taking note of capitalisation variants
Installation:
  1. After downloading the file, you will need to decompress it. It is in a gzip format. Most modern computers should be able to handle decompressing this natively, simply by double clicking on it. If not, try to find an app that does it for you. (not needed if using a mac)

2. Acquire an SD card that is preferably 16GB or larger. Assuming you just want to use a single partition, you don’t need to do anything to prepare it.

3. The image that was decompressed should be an img file. This needs to be written to your SD card. A popular app to use is Etcher. balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives As the program’s site would imply, a) select image, b) select drive, c) Flash! Flashing an image will delete everything from the SD card, and change its file structure to match up what is required. Sometimes, errors can be resolved by making sure you have the latest version of your flashing program, and updates to your system’s drivers. (N.B. Technically, Etcher can directly flash a compressed archive, but it makes it seem way longer, due to the need for the program to decompress it anyway - and this makes troubleshooting much more difficult)

4. On the off occasion that either a drive or a sd card is faulty, you may need to do a file system iconsistency check, or a fsck. This shouldn’t happen too often, but if it does, there are plenty of resources available online to show you how. Just look up “FSCK” (not to be mistaken for a cuss word). If on windows, I recommend using the program Putty to do this. Mac, just use Terminal. If you’re on Linux, then you probably know exactly what you need to use ;).

Post installation:
  1. After flashing the image, allow your gameshell to reboot a couple of times; the same as the official 0.5 release. Be patient! It can take a while. Occasionally, some larger SD cards (400GB+) may have difficulty expanding to take up the entire space. For these instances, I have included an auto expansion script to manually execute after installing the image. It is located in the Utils folder, accessible from the Gameshell’s home screen. Do this to allow the operating system to fill up any unused space on your SD card. IMPORTANT: You need to be connected to the internet, either by wifi or Ethernet over USB for this to work. It takes about 30 seconds. The screen will be blank, so don’t panic, and let it do its thing.

2. Bios files are now much more centralised, in particularly pertaining to the PCSX bios. These files are sometimes needed for games to run.

3. Place the SCPH1001.BIN (or whatever PSX bios you use) in the ~/apps/emulators/bios directory. Note that this is now different to what it used to be, ie ~/launcher/sys.py/bios.

4. You will also find the .pcsx hidden folder in the ~/apps/emulators directory, if you wish to restore your old save files, state saves and config files from a previous version.

5. Mupen64plus settings are held in ~/.local/share/mupen64plus/save. Save rams are the *.sra files AND/OR *.eep files. Some games use one or the other strangely. Memory pak data are the *.mpk files. State save slots are the *.st0 files.

6. Place the gba_bios.bin file in the same directory as the gpsp application; ~/apps/emulators/. I never realised it till today, but the gpsp.zip file that automatically gets downloaded includes a file named gba_bios.bin. I haven’t confirmed if it is actually a bios or not. Gpsp save states and save files are located in the same directory as the gpsp app. You will also need to put a bios in the ~/apps/emulators/bios directory for the GBA cores that are used in Retroarch.

7. Pico-8 is installed the same way. Place your purchased copy of pico-8_0.1.12c2_raspi.zip (or whatever the current version is) into the ~/games/PICO-8 directory, then run it via the games menu in the game shell.

8. Roms are to be placed into their respective directories; either compressed or decompressed. If they are compressed, and there are more than one rom images per compressed archive, the emulator will more often than not choose the top one in the list. You will notice that there are far less directories now, with double ups removed, and console names being chosen over emulator names.

9. I have provided a few small scripts in the Util folder accessible from the launcher. Generally the stock kernel and clock speeds are set by default. If you want to experiment with newer bleeding edge kernels, or faster speeds via overclocks, give the scripts a go. (and do them at your own risk)

10. By default, the UI is set to the custom DEOT skin, and UI changes. This has a lot of things that are incompatible with standard skins. For this reason, the option to change skins has been removed in the activated DEOT settings mode. If you would like to use a standard skin, install them as per normal, and then run the DEOT settings deactivate script found in the Utils folder. If you would further like to return to a vanilla 0.5 feel, you can change to the 5.4.6 kernel that has the stock 0.5 boot splash screen.

IMPORTANT!

Utility Scripts:

There are a lot of small shortcut scripts I made in the Utils directory.
They are here purely for convenience, and aren’t by any means fully fledged programs.
A lot of them also don’t give you any user confirmation before running, so BE CAREFUL

1. DingUXCommander: This is a file explorer
  2. Bean: This is an alternative launcher
  3. BatMon: This is a OSD battery monitor that can be seen when playing games. It can be toggled on and off by running it.
  4. Samplerbox: This is a program for playing back samples from a midi device
  5. EmptyMail: This gets rid of the “you have mail” notification whenever your gameshell logs an error.
  6. Resize: This will expand your filesystem to populate the entirety of the SD card.
  7. Clockspeed: This allows you to choose between different clock speeds. The stock is 1008MHz.
  8. Kernel: The Kernel changer allows you to change the kernel, altering the way the hardware communicates with the software. Reboot after your desired Kernel and Clockspeed has been selected for changes to take effect.
  9. Retroarch Update: There are two files in this folder: 1) Recover: Allows you to restore your Retroarch config, in case you change a setting, and Retroarch refuses to load, 2) Update: BE CAREFUL! This will update your Retroarch. There is no way to roll this back, if a new version doesn’t perform as well as you would like. IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR! Your Gameshell will be sitting there on a screen saying PROJECTING. THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL! Plug it into some power, and keep it well ventilated. It is not only downloading files, but also building them. IT WILL GET HOT!
  10. SwapFile: If you don’t know what a swapfile is, then you probably don’t ever need to use this. This is generally needed if you are building or compiling files. Essentially, an allotted space is set aside to be used as a “sandbox” while things set up. There is controversy on whether or not this is healthy to be used on an SD card. This has multiple files; 1) swapcheck: This checks the status of the swap file - but is only visible when using a terminal, 2) swapoff: This turns the swap file off, 3) swapon: This turns the swapfile on, 4) swapremove: This removes the swapfile, 5) swapsetup: This generates a file to be user as a swapfile. YOU NEED TO RUN 5) FIRST otherwise you won’t have a swap file to work with. To activate it, you need to run 3) to turn it on. Once you are finished with your building/compiling, you have the option to turn the swap file off. It is up to you whether or not you decide to remove it afterwards.
  11. DEOT Settings: This toggles the gameshell to use the custom DEOT interface, or the Stock 0.5 interface. The DEOT settings menus are drastically different, and require a lot of UI files to be modified in order to function correctly. For this reason, stock skins can sometimes be incompatible, and cause a system hang. Likewise, many other things can cause it to hang as well. As a precaution, the skins chooser is disabled in DEOT settings mode. If you want to do any modification to the interface, disable to DEOT settings using the two scripts in this folder. When disabled, you can use regular skins.
Kernels and Clockspeeds:

Kernels:
5.3.06 = Stock Kernel based on @shell’s work with custom DEOT splash (no reported flickering) (what the current OS is set to on install)
5.4.06 = Shell’s Kernel with stock splash
5.4.21 = Shell’s Kernel with DEOT splash
5.4.24 = @Joao_Manoel 's Kernel, with DEOT splash
5.5.09 = Joao Kernel, first introducing overclocking, with custom DEOT splash
5.7 = Joao’s current Kernel introducing suspending, with custom DEOT splash

Clockspeeds:
1008MHz = 5.3.06 stock dtb from clockwork OS 0.5 (what the current OS is set to on install)
1200MHz = 5.7 from Joao’s current kernel with newer optimisation eg suspend
1400MHz = 5.5.9 from Joao’s previous kernel

So technically, 1200MHz is the “newest” one, compatibility wise and should be used with 5.7. Likewise:

Verbose = newer boot.scr from 5.7
Silent = stock 5.3.06 boot.scr (what the current OS is set to on install)

I just used these names to indicate what is seen on startup. It would be best to use the verbose one with 5.7.

Regarding Flickering

There are a lot of users who have reported flickering of their screens when using this image. I have made a hot fix, modifying the kernel. This should solve the issue, and in theory should be the only kernel you will ever need.

Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903) - #516 by javelinface

The majority of the features that were incorporated in the DEOT v1+ 0.4 image are now standardised in the official Clockwork OS 0.5, so a lot less work has needed to be done.

Instead of being built from DEOT V1.0 up, it is built from the official Clockwork OS 0.5 image, making it far more future proof and upgradeable. (Hopefully!)
With this unfortunately comes the demise of the alternate minimal home screen layout.

The positive side is, this is now an official 0.5 image, simply with a few extra things added to it. Do be aware however, that the ability to do a launcher update has been removed, to prevent the possibility of a future update potentially breaking the installation.

The commit list for each official update can be found [here] (Commits · clockworkpi/launcher · GitHub), and if required, you can manually make the changes to test them out, if I haven’t already. Most of the time, the changes aren’t very major, but on the off chance there is a ground breaking change, I will do my best to either provide separate instructions, separate edited files, or a separate image with the changes made.

Most of the features of the DEOT v1+ image have been maintained, however some things such as the launcher changer have been removed, since being based on 0.5, there is no real need to change to a separate launcher.

For information and sources used for this image, please refer to the previous thread. There was so much information that led to amazing development in the previous page. I thought it would be best if I started afresh with this image. I would say to keep discussions relevant to the thread, but hey! If we did that, we wouldn’t have a working Lima driver! Just use discretion. :slight_smile:
Hopefully we will once again be brought together to progress the Gameshell even further!! :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Great! I was waiting for you to customise v0.5. Didn’t expect you to get it done so quickly! I am going to try it later today. Exciting!

1 Like

Haha it was a day of intense hyper focus! I was worried I got it out too late! That’s madness, downloading and testing an OS while on holiday! That said, so am I. Strange how we find joy in such little things.
Hope you enjoy the image! Let me know if any problems, or features you’d like in future releases! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldnt get those google drive images to download last night. They dont show the total filesize while dling and they just keep going. it never even finished,.ill try this one but the other google drive images wouldnt download very well, id use a different host if you can …

@Wizz
Greetings to you again, as per this user’s request, would you once again be able to host a copy of this custom OS?
I’ve only just had enough bandwidth to upload it to google, which is strangely the fastest method in Australia.
I don’t know where the aforementioned user is downloading from, so fingers crossed things end up faster; at least for Europe!
I’ve been working on this nonstop all day. Apologies for not considering uploading to a different place. I will do it right before I sleep. Probably mega or something. Too tired. Can’t think. DM me if you have more problems downloading or installing, or for things not working or whatever @wayfarer. Realistically though, I don’t think this image is for you. It’s the first release, which will see a lot of revisions as other users help out. You will be wiping your card a lot, and getting frustrated. It’s 3.68GB.

This will upload in like, 12 hours.
https://mega.nz/#!0rBxgSjC!Shwg888_vv_pRRExN_UmlRMQc3atT_D_7r5jrqLP0to

Hi,

When upload finishes DM me and I will download and host it ! I will remove the old image so we don’t get versioning issues :wink:

1 Like

I already wiped my card out , i dont care I just wanna get N64 emulation working.

My dude. I am trying to help. If you could continue this in the OTHER thread I am helping you on, that would be fantastic.

All i saw was black screen and no light even for power. So i just flashed it again with the 0.5 official image. now getting black screen completely, no LED light or anyhting sigh

now trying to flash it again…

black screen could mean uboot is bad, be sure to unmount properly the sd card before flashing it and make sure write is really over and sd properly unmount after flash and before eject it

it could also be your sd card adapter who’s bad, real sd to micro sd work better than usb, one usb adapter i own cannot write more than 4gb (wtf), try another one to be sure

1 Like

igot it booting up, using the reset button on the mobo . now its working on the latest 0.5 image but still no mupen64 working… my wifi was too slow to dl the dependencies…

(try disable wifi power save, How to disable wifi power save to prevent disconnects

1 Like

Since I wrote that post, that functionality was integrated in the power modes in the Launcher. Check the settings, the performance mode should disable wifi power save.

2 Likes

Still , the DEOT images dont work at least none of them did for me. only getting black screen. And i tried every mirror, and downloaded the 0.4 and 0.5 versions, tried them all flashed about 10 times my sd. I can get the 0.5 clockwork image to work , the official one, but this one just black screen. twice now. i just had it working in 0.5 too.

now to go back to that image again and flash it again TRY this wifi power safe bs and see if that works. (btw not using this topics image im using the offficial 0.5 one cause none of the ones here work.

i beleive i had performance mode on anyway

and i dont even know if it was the wifi or if it was just running into errors installing in which case fixing wifi wont matter

it’s strange, as you reset push fixed an issue you could also try disconnect the batterie completely and powering on with usb wire

if you have wifi issue you will see it fast while just type command or transfers files

1 Like

Hi @wayfarer. Could I propose that you please start a new topic, especially seeing as what you’re posting about is not relevant to the image that this thread is about?
a) You’re discussing mupen dependency installation. This is already done in this image. I am literally trying to help you with that in another thread.
b) You’re talking about issues with flashing images, power profiles, and hard resetting. This is something that can have its own topic.
c) Problems don’t seem to be pertinent to just this image, but issues that the user is having with hardware; both with writing the image, and wifi stability.

I’m happy to answer your questions externally, just not in this thread if that’s okay.

And please don’t reply to any of the above points in this thread. They are suggestions for starting a new one.

I want to try and keep this thread tidy. So far, it’s not getting off to a good start.

In other news, here is a mega upload of the same file:

https://mega.nz/#!0rBxgSjC!Shwg888_vv_pRRExN_UmlRMQc3atT_D_7r5jrqLP0to

1 Like

seems need a decryption key for downloading

1 Like

I already have like 5 copies of the DEOT image i dled from basically all the mirrors, and they dont work , i was trying to dl the DEOT images all day from every mirror… i think its cause the file size is too big , google doesnt scan them for viruses or something , dont download right in any browser, i think if it was in a torrent it would work

Thanks for sharing. I brush the machine in the afternoon. The following problems occurred:

1. SFC simulator cannot find ROM folder, MD simulator cannot find ROM folder, and arcade simulator does not have ROM folder.

2. When changing the theme, loading will be displayed all the time, and loading will still be displayed after restarting.

3. If the menu in the simulator can have Chinese, it’s good.

I like playing games, besides being a Chinese. Thank you, brother.

报错

1 Like

Perfect!!! Thank you so much. This was the kind of feedback I was looking for re how to improve the image.

1. I know exactly what to do to fix the rom directory problems; and what I did to break it! Can you confirm which emulators didn’t work re SFC and MD? I mainly was testing the standalones, so I am guessing it was the Retroarch cores. I will post up updated action.config files, and upload an updated image.

2. Strange that changing themes does that! I admittedly only changed and toggled the DEOT and Default themes, since I don’t use OP-1.
    Was it OP-1 you had problems with?
    This is possibly related to the custom fonts required of the DEOT theme and the modified skin_chooser.py. I’ll simply restore it to the stock one, and forego the fonts. (And find a better way to use custom fonts!!! Grrrr!!)
    I’ll provide instructions for those who want them, but also update this in the next release.

In a nutshell, just change your skin to the default, then go into ~/launcher/sys.py/UI, then find the file called skin_chooser.py, rename it to skin_chooser.py.bk or something, then rename the file called skin_chooser.py.bak to skin_chooser.py. (Or was if skin config? I’m just writing this from memory in bed haha)
Afterwards, reboot the system.

1. A lot of the Chinese would have to be hard coded into the emulators, which unfortunately I didn’t write. Also my Chinese is SHOCKING, despite being Chinese myself. If they ever release translates versions of the standalone emulators, I will be happy to include them! :slight_smile:

Again, thank you so much for your HELPFUL feedback!

In other news, @wizz has provided a helpful mirror for the download: https://pcroz.stackstorage.com/s/a26iBYxvkQ5VSgS

@guu - hopefully this mega link will work. MEGA
The previous one was one I provided while it was still uploading. I couldn’t get the permissions properly sorted, and was way too tired haha!!

@wayfarer

For those curious of @wayfarer’s problems, the solution was cross posted across a few threads, including this one. Summary: user downloading problems.

Their mupen64 problems were resolved as well.