"Devterm CM3 ubuntu server image" does not boot at all

I just found new wiki page created and it was Ubuntu Server Image for DevTerm.
Unfortunately it does not boot and screen is not turned on. It seems DevTerm is hang.
I had to pull off batteries from DevTerm to turn it off.

EDIT #1
I thought the image linked in the wiki page was prebuilted image for DT, but it was actually official ubuntu image.

EDIT #2
Network will fail if you follow current wiki page. Since you need resolv.conf file.
I renamed original file and made new one temporarily.

/etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 1.1.1.1

After all processing is done, restore original file.

1 Like

Great
Here is the ubuntu server image for the DT CM3
I just made it , and then you saw it , what a speed, lol

c56e21cde0ad85c66905c70dbcf3c628 ubuntu-21.04-preinstalled-server-armhf+raspi.img_devterm_7d4659b1.7z

2 Likes

EDIT #3

You need /etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.yaml to setup initial WiFi network.

network:
    version: 2
    wifis:
        wlan0:
            optional: true
            dhcp4: true
            access-points:
                "your-ssid":
                   password: "your-network-password"

I found Ubuntu resets this file at first boot. So you need to copy this file in somewhere else (like /root/)
If you find your WiFi is not set at first boot, look at this file if the content is what you entered.
Otherwise you need to copy this file again /etc/netplan/ and execute sudo netplan apply to make WiFi working.

I think this also should be in wiki page. @guu

And weird thing here:
After login successfully and WiFi working, I proceeded initial setup.
I tried to install libsdl2-*, suddenly apt-get package manager REMOVED all important packages…

Because I do this with -y option and didn’t pay attention much, it was too late when I noticed what was going on. Ubuntu was fallen into unusable state. sigh;;;

I followed wiki contruction and got this problem(?). I’ll try to install later.

I preinstalled the network-manager in Image ,so you can use nmtui to setup wifi instead of /etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.yaml