GameShell OS image files (v0.3-0.4)

download time 1 day. qbit torrent time 9 min

Ok so please people, stop discussing about card size or unrelated thing here. This topic is about the OS images, and how to download it.

Thanks

1 Like

cant the memory be expanded from windows? im having the same issue. ive got a 31 gig card but on the GS it shows only 7 gig available.

I wouldn’t recommend doing it with windows unless you found a special, dedicated tool designed to modify Linux partitions on windows.

1 Like

Minitool partition wizzard can expand it but I still wouldnt use it, best is to use a linux system to expand it

md5 ? this is a joke?

normal sign in gpg!

Etcher always works for me, too. Others are inconsistent, I find.

The ‘dd’ command line in Terminal works best on the Mac.

$ dd if=path_to_img of=/dev/rdiskx bs=4m (where x is the address of the sd card.)

LasVegas

1 Like

How did you come to that block size? 64k seemed to perform better than 8M with me, let alone 4g (4G?).

Sorry… That should have been 4m. I just entered it from the top of my head. I corrected it…

I know it’s only at version 0.1 but i have noticed a few things after playing about with it yesterday.

1. I did a “sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get upgrade” from the ssh terminal when I was connected to my wireless connection, it appeared to run through but there were a few issues mentioned (I cant remember the specifics). I then powered down.
    When I tried to turn it on again, the clockwork logo appeared but then it just went black (i.e. no HAPPY HACKING page). I managed to re-flash the SD card and it now boots fine, but it does suggest there may be some issues in the package repositories.

2. In my opinion, having to completely re-flash the SD card to restore it can be a bit of a pain for non-experts. Is there any chance that the clockworkOS image could be modified to add an option to restore the SD card to the default configuration? The raspberry pi provides this option in the NOOBS disk image which is suggested for inexperienced users. This could be used as a reference point as both raspbian (the raspberry pi OS) and clockworkOS are debian as far as I can see. The NOOBS restore option does do the re-flashing but it is all included in the distribution without needing to use additional re-flashing tools like etcher or unetbootin.

Anyways thanks for a great product and the community support, keep up the great work.

Curious if anyone knows where the names in the system code are.

I believe that was a reward lol

Also, being open-source, is the source code for the GUI and the board specific parts of the kernel going to be published anytime soon? (/usr/src is empty in the image)

Hi, is there available for download the New Gameshell OS image?

The one …

The New Clockwork OS contains a complete Linux desktop environment, it can be used as a portable Linux Box through HDMI port and Bluetooth Keyboard, just play and go~

2 Likes

bumping this thread, the first post is updated with the new OS image

Put the torrent on a server of mine which have a good bandwidth

Done the same for version 0.2, so with good bandwidth and speed

Are these the latest official firmware updates? No web page has these, just a forum?
I just got my device, can I check what version is installed currently?

Directions for installing these?

2 Likes

Hello, I have a question. How can I check my current OS version, in “about” of device there is no such info?

I’m not sure that you can check that info in there yet. If you need to know and are able to ssh to your GameShell you can run the standard linux command to figure it out:

cpi@clockworkpi:~$ uname -a
Linux clockworkpi 4.20.0-clockworkpi-cpi3-00001-ga2b7682c5366 #2 SMP Wed Jan 2 05:56:21 UTC 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

The command is in bold and the part of the example output that you’re looking for is in bold. The rest of the output will tell you the linux kernel, the build hash (I think this is related to the git repo) and the build date and processor info