GameShell OS image files (v0.3-0.4)

WeChat%20Image_20190709185851

**v0.4 latest release note:**
1. Updated Linux Kernel to 5.2.RC4
2. Activated midi device support in Kernel by default (Tested with AKAI MPK mini, using USB OTG cable), preinstalled samplerbox in /opt
3. Updated Launcher to v1.25
4. Optimized menu icons and orders
5. Launcher now support theme selection, added OP1 dark theme provided by @stingray
6. Added more Indie Games, including Planet-Busters (Q1 Game Jam), No. 909 (Q1 Game Jam), 2048, Hurricane.
7. We will bring you more exciting Indie Games through future Launcher updates.
8. Added more preset emulators and our community optimized cores in Retro Games.
9. Updated RetroArch to libretro v1.7.7
10. Switch between Fbturbo (software rendering) and LIMA driver (GPU hardware acceleration in testing)
11. Added Bean, alternative launcher by @nmodnation
12. Bugs fixes, increased stability.

GameShell OS image file (v0.4) is available for download now:

P2P download could be a lot faster and saves our limited bandwidth :wink:

31 Likes

Good to have :slight_smile:

The Magnet link is not correct: it is an <a> tag but has no src. I downloaded the torrent :slight_smile:

1 Like

@yong there is a ā€œproblemā€ with this image, ā€œchocolate-doomā€ is not installed, making the ā€œFreeDMā€ link to not workā€¦

As in, /usr/games/doom links to /etc/alternative/doom which links to /usr/games/chocolate-doom which is missing.

1 Like

Thanks! @Godzil and @aewens,
I will have the team look into that, and release new image if necessary.
@bitdweller, looks like the forum does not support magnet link, Iā€™ll leave it in the text.

3 Likes
> mount -o loop,offset=48234496 clockworkos_v0.1.img /mnt
> ls -l /mnt/usr/games/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    536588 Jan 27  2017 chocolate-doom*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        15 Jan 27  2017 chocolate-doom-setup -> chocolate-setup*

Dear all, please relax, we have tested the ā€œimageā€ very carefully, because we have to burn 3000 SD cards and 2 days, if there is a problem, we have to burn it again: 3000 times and 2+1 days (much more slowly than blank cards).
So we have tested every feature before we submit the ā€œmother cardā€ to the factory.

In fact, you guys scared usā€¦:star_struck: Good Try!

3 Likes

UTorrent Download time: 8 hours.
Iā€™ll let this download so I can help p2p, but Iā€™ll see if the direct download is any bet-

Direct Download time: 15 hours.
I guess Iā€™ll wait for uTorrentā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Direct download time: 20 mins :sunglasses:

Upload took me a couple of hours ā€¦ :zzz:

6 Likes

is possible to put all necessary files to run on emulator?

linux kernel image etc.
qemu launch options

Put the torrent on a server of mine which have a good bandwidth, you should get descent download speed if you are trying to download from the torrent

1 Like

How can I make to burn it up the OS image in my micro SD card again from windows?

My GameShell wont pass from the final LOADING screen (the one with the pixel gameshell icon) just before show the OS desktop.

Thank you

1 Like

Format an sd card , then download rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ choose the image then put start and thatā€™s it youā€™re ready to go

4 Likes

Thank you very much! :metal:t2:

1 Like

Or https://etcher.io/

5 Likes

Is there a process to put it image onto a larger microSD card and expand it? Iā€™m willing to do it from Linux if necessary, but my Mac does have the ExtFS4 support.

Is there any way to install the OS image into an VirtualBox for testing purposes?

Or are there any other best practices to play around with the UI and functions without the need to flash an SD Card to test on the GameShell device itself?

2 Likes

Would you please provide a docker image or something with all the stuff required to BUILD the image?
The kernel without cifs or fuse is really limiting.

1 Like

I used etcher to flash the image to a 64GB microSD, then downloaded the ubuntu desktop image and again with etcher flashed it to a USB stick. In Ubuntu I used gParted to expand the clockworkpi partition.

This works for me, my Gameshell boots and sees ~60GB of storage.

2 Likes