RetroArch Megathread

retroarch
howto

Anyone getting linker errors when trying to compile the master branch?

Can someone share the revision they successfully build with the instructions in the first post? You can see the revision by running git rev-parse --short HEAD

i also would like this answered I cannot get it to compile. if you can post the revision we can check that specific one out and get this to build. anyone know why it was not prebuilt into the clockwork image?

I managed to get a successful build by REMOVING the --disable-discord option

Can you post the errors? I implemented the discord integration, so I’m willing to fix that.

I can send you my build log tonight. I followed your guide step by step on a 0.3 image.

By the way, I noticed that the 0.3 image actually has a fairly new RetroArch build, are there enough constant improvements that would make people want to install from master directly instead of using the latest release? In other words, are people actively working on improving RetroArch for GameShell?

If so, do we have a nightly build page? I’m willing to set up something like that, but I’d like to know first if this is something the community wants/needs.

I just got my unit yesterday and still catching up with the state of the platform, I appreciate the help by the way, great guide you have here!

RA is updated almost daily, so something like a PPA would be great.

Okay I’m interested in working on that, will have a look at it this weekend.

Linker errors: https://gist.github.com/Ruenzuo/85510efea78daa69f06f02e401c05c37

Edit: Can confirm it works if I disable the Discord flag.

Weird that looks more like slang/vulkan than discord.

Ah you mean you “disabled” the disable, so basically you enabled discord, that enables CXX_LINKER
I’ll report it upstream

Fixed upstream (I think)

Hey fr500,

I just got gameshell in the new batch. I’m getting “Unknown option --disable-v412” when trying to follow your tutorial for ./configure cmd. If I remove “–disable-v412” from the cmd, it works but I then get error on “make -j4” that is “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I’m pretty sure it’s v4l2
and l not a 1

thanks, I feel dumb. I’ll give a try.

That got rid of the Unknown option error, but I’m getting that error “/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed make: *** [retroarch] Error 1” when I do the cmd “make -j4”.

LD retroarch
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file retroarch: Is a directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status makefile:195: recipe for target 'retroarch failed
make: *** [retroarch] Error 1

Is the full error.

you have a RetroArch directory inside your retroarch folder

Do I need to reinstall retroarch or remove the RetroArch directory? What file in retroarch would it be under?

Thanks,

I think I found it and deleted it. Hopefully that fixes it.

Nice Post.

I’m just wondering that do I need to change the settings to get optimized performance with 1.7.6 on OS 0.3?

I got terrible sound on some NES games (eg.1943) with Nestopia UE.

Regards