UConsole vs Gameshell —

Aside from the built-in keyboard and mobile data option, what are the biggest differences between the new UConsole and the Gameshell? I’d go with the UConsole for newness and added functionality, but I hate that it doesn’t have a real D-Pad for gaming, which the Gameshell obviously does and is more geared toward. Still, would love to hear pros and cons for one over another (other than the obvious A-Z keys). Do they use the same OS? Does UConsole have any added features or abilities over the Gameshell? Has UConsole switched to a touchscreen display?

Aside from the built-in keyboard and mobile data option, what are the biggest differences between the new UConsole and the Gameshell?

Quite a lot of things actually, but let’s answer your questions first

Do they use the same OS?

Both use Linux, but that somewhere were thing stop. The GameShell have its own custom shell. I f the uConsole is does not get a custom version of the OS compared to the DevTerm, this will act like a normal Linux desktop system.

Does UConsole have any added features or abilities over the Gameshell?
Yes

• Keyboard
  • Trackpad
  • Battery easier to change

Has UConsole switched to a touchscreen display?

No.

As for the main differences:

• The Gameshell is smaller than the uConsole
  • The Gameshell input is more typical from a console than the uConsole
  • The Gameshell have a smaller screen resolution (320x240) where the uConsole have a higher resolution (1280x720)
  • And the screen ratio is also different. The GameShell is a 4:3, the uConsole 16:9
  • The uConsole have a metal body where the gameshell is plastic
  • The Gameshell have a fairly old CPU compared to what we can put on the uConsole, though the RISC-V option is way less powerful than the SoC used on the GameShell.
  • The uConsole SoC can be changed easily as it is on a module, and there are multiple options available. On the Gameshell changing the SoC mean basically changing the whole mainboard.