Update: uConsole shipping related

I ordered CM410040 for $55 at an electronic components company in Japan.
SC0671 ラズベリーパイ |マウザー (mouser.com)

Oh, I think they are now telling people your order is in the next batch!
:grinning:

1 Like

Don’t know? That is why I asked.

but how many is a batch ?

Not enough for your order to be in there

3 Likes

Some one said 6 per batch. Don’t know how true this is.

6? not 600? No way!!!

1 Like

It would be nice to get answers to questions like this…

1 Like

I hope its like 600, I did the math, I would get my uConsole in 9 years if its only 6 LMAO! Knowing the batch amount would be very helpful.

3 Likes

I asked for update about my order (#231xx) on 27th of April, because had I seen someone posting they got shipping notice for identical order but in silver. Alex replied with:

Hi,
Sorry for the waiting.
We will be working on your order in just a few days.

It has been 20 days since… :frowning:
And I’m ashamed of asking again, if I did, would probably get the same answer. Lets see…

Also, can anyone please tell what kind of battery I need to get? Maybe an amazon link for that, or smth.

3 Likes

DO NOT buy 18650 batteries from Amazon! They are usually mislabeled trash.

1 Like

When I contacted support about adding a one of the unpopulated 4g boards to my order they said it is policy to not allow changes to the order. That really sucks, I would love to be able to buy my own CM4 and not wait for Clockworkpi to find ones below market rate.

1 Like

Yes, amazon has a lot of junk being sold there, I don’t shop from there anymore. I was interested in brand names, etc :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear Samsung are good. I got some 3800mah Vapcells that had mixed reviews online. They seem to work ok but I don’t think they are optimized for voltage stability (I believe they are intended for use in a vaporizer)

2 Likes

So is anyone here keeping tab of what is causing the delays? Is the CM module? Is the color of the case?
What is the last order number that received the device? When the order was placed? I feel like it is really hard to make sense of the info in this thread sadly. When the Steam Deck were shipped, I remember people would have pretty much figured out the formula to know when you would get your preorder, based on when you placed the preorder and your order number… Can we do the same here?

1 Like

It’s just a guess. However, from the surrounding conditions, I get the impression that the production plan is sloppy.

1 Like

That’s what I heard, that in China, most of the factories prioritize larger orders, so if Company A place your order, say, 1000 units, on 1st May, they would probably put it behind an order placed on 15th May, with a quantity of 5000 unites from Company B.

ClockWorkPi is a rather small company, so naturally, it gets neglected.

I guess what ClockWorkPi is doing is wait until the quantity of new orders reach to, say perhaps 3000 to 5000, then place the order to the manufacture so that their order would be executed right away.

Afterall, they can control the development process, but they don’t control the manufacture process.

Just made my order:
Barebone CM4 Lite version,
Wifi Only,
without Core,
Matt Silver
Order ID 286XX
Date: 19th May 2024

I’ll keep updated just so we can compare the speed between Matt Black with Core and Matt Silver without Core.

At the mean time

2 Likes

Just knowing order numbers, when they were ordered and what was ordered is a horrid way to keep track. As they are not shipping in the order that they came in and are relying on what is available to ship, the order numbers shipped really mean nothing for tracking purposes.

Realistically the only way we’d be able to see how bad the backlog is, is if ClockworkPi released the numbers of still pending orders.

The CM4 is readily available now, you can go to rpilocator - Find Raspberry Pi Computers in Stock and see a large amount of stores that have stock and are shipping immediately.

The Clockwork Pi Web site “About” statement is here: https://www.clockworkpi.com/post/_about. According to the statement, the company has seven (7) full time and two (2) part time employees. Calling the company “small” might be an exaggeration. I worked for a VC-funded, early-phase startup that had more employees. Though, Clockwork Pi is probably self-funded, making cash management and just-in-time inventory control of paramount importance.

The majority of Chinese tech manufacturing was designed to deliver full shipping container sized volumes. That isn’t Clockwork Pi’s market.

2 Likes

So, all together, a company with 9 people… Impressive… :clap:
I didn’t know they were such a small company. I thought it would be at least 20 people.

1 Like