DevTerm Keyboard firmware mod: hot mode switching / gear switching

@jan-peter

I just struggle to understand, what you did?

:smiley: just random bits to improve the keyboard fw, including DPAD mouse, low power mode etc.

The changelog for version bumps are noted at the bottom of the post.

@mowgli

Yes! The trackball improvement was grafted into the official repo, and my work started afterwards.

• Is there any visual indication of the mode/cpu gear? How do you find out?

This is done by installing the keyboard service, which will send notifications to the X11 desktop. Not ideal – I wish there were LEDs in the front panel for this.

• Your download doesn’t seem to have the sources, is the source available somewhere? No way to build manually.

It’s in the repo at the top of the post. The keyboard service is also there: https://github.com/yatli/DevTerm/tree/main/Code/devterm_keyboard/service

• The git status shows that the bin file had been modified but not checked in. Could you include an sha256 sum of the current binary?

Got to make sure we’re on the same page: you cloned the repo and built it, and then git status? Which files are changed? I don’t think there’s a build pipeline to obtain keyboard fw yet. The zipped fw files are built with the arduino IDE, then manually assembled.

• Possibly rename the download to include the version number?

Emmm… you mean versions attached to files after unzip?

1 Like