Printer not in all models of the DevTerm?

Hi community!

Today one of the bigger german IT-related news portals released a short coverage of the devterm:

https://www.golem.de/news/clockworkpi-devterm-ein-tragbares-entwickler-terminal-mit-thermodrucker-2106-157341.html

In the last part of the text there is on information I was courious about: The text says that the thermal printing module is only available in the cheapest version of the DevTerm. Can someone confirm ths information? I always thought that the thermal printer is always “on board”…

Greetings Nico

EDIT:

This is the translated paragraph of the news-artikel I mentioned:

Blockquote The thermal printer is only included in the cheapest option for US $ 220. The module has a resolution of 200 dpi and uses 58 mm continuous paper rolls. Depending on the configuration, the system can cost up to $ 320. Delivery is scheduled to begin in July 2021.

1 Like

all models include the printer as shown in the shopping portal

2 Likes

Perhaps lost in translation?

Lost in translation indeed…the original article says “the thermal printer is already included in the cheapest option for $220”. Trust me, I’m German :wink:

2 Likes

To make things clear: in the initial version of the article it actually stated that the printer is only included in the cheapest model. That is why I wrote my question in this forum. Trust me: I am also german. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I already contacted the guy who wrote the article and it was corrected a few minutes after that. So the article on Golem has already the corrected text.

Anyways: Thanks for making clear that the printer is included in ever option of the DT

1 Like

Ah, I had a feeling something like that happened. I couldn’t see how even an automatic translation could get it that wrong (and it didn’t look like an automatic translation actually).

1 Like

yeah… i always like to check for sources and then check the sources.
however, in this case… we are here. this is the source.