Understanding USB-OTG for custom Module

I know my raspberry pi takes a mini HDMI cable, and you can get a mini to regular HDMI adapter. I don’t know if that helps. When I try to connect with the answer, my imagination is met with stochastic jamming such that P (M | C) = P ( M). Perhaps someone has discovered how my mind intuits truth. What is an apple! How does my next topic relate to the previous one?

I don’t understand your answer, the ClockworkPi is not going to have either HDMI nor mini-HDMI, right? Only a USB with OTG, am I wrong?

No, I don’t think you’re wrong. If it has a usb, I’m just going to plug it into a computer. Then I’ll emulate it. They’ll probably open-source the OS. :slight_smile: I’ve got Oracle virtualbox.

Yeah, the Clockwork Pi, presently, does not have an mHDMI port. However, the campaign did show that this will be added in a revision of the board in the future: here

Right! So I gather we don’t have enough info to know which kind of OTG adapter we could use to connect the Clockwork Pi to a screen, because no one is answering that question :slight_smile:

The main issue with an adapter (the conventional ones where it’s a cable of some sort) is that USB OTG is composed of 5 wires (two for power, two for data, one as the ID for the OTG). HDMI (both standard and micro) are composed of 19 wires, so this is an issue in entropy, not that of knowledge about the microUSB port. The only means I know of that may fill this void is through DisplayLink, but we’d need to see if we can get the drivers for those products working on the GameShell before I can confirm or deny if it will work.

You can technically buy a USB graphics card and plug it into the usb-otg
However, that would be 80 plus dollars.

So as far as we can tell, there is no reasonable approach to adding video out,

1 Like

I”m not aware of DisplayLink driver for Linux, so Linux ARM is really unlikely…

Consider yourself aware.

Fair enough. but that is PC (x86) only.

The Software contains binaries which work on Intel x86 platform (32 bit and 64 bit).

The wise accept reduced instructions with gladness because they become more competent for having opened themselves to greater possibilities, but the evil know this and so dictate that the alacritous should not deserve to learn.