First have a look at How to transfer files with tinycloud through ssh. You will need to connect to your GS with ssh and do some work on it.
I assume you have a stock GS installation, maybe already updated to launcher version 1.21, however that should not be required.
The following steps include commands to be type to the ssh console as they are shown below. This means all on one line, upper and lower case are important, every tick, slash or backslash counts. A command is executed once return/enter key is pressed. Hence you may simply copy/paste them from here into your ssh terminal windows and hit the enter/return key after each single one.
- Connect to GS with ssh
- Type the following line into the terminal window, followed by return key to execute it:
git clone https://github.com/libretro/4do-libretro.git
- This may take a short moment to download the source code
- Next type and execute the following command to change into the source directory:
- Next command compile the core, with 4 threads to speed up things, takes about 1 minute to complete:
make -j 4
- Next install the core
cp 4do_libretro.so /home/cpi/apps/emulators
- Now create a directory where you have to put the BIOS files, bin files that is, and the games:
- Create the Retro Games directory for it:
mkdir /home/cpi/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO
- Create the launcher script for it with these 5 commands:
echo "ROM=/home/cpi/games/4DO" > apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO/action.config
echo "ROM_SO=/home/cpi/apps/emulators/4do_libretro.so" >> apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO/action.config
echo "EXT=iso,bin,chd,cue" >> apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO/action.config
echo "LAUNCHER=retroarch -L" >> apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO/action.config
echo "TITLE=4DO Roms" >> apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro\ Games/4DO/action.config
- Now start RetroArch from main menu and quit it again
- In Retro Games you will now find the new entry 4DO
Once you have copied one of the BIOS files to games/4DO you can actually start the emulator. In Retro Games select 4DO then choose the bin file of your BIOS. It will start then ask you to enter a disk, that is where I am stuck for instance.