Android on uConsole?

Has anyone ran Android on their DevTerm? I’m interested in running Android on a uConsole, especially since it has 4G.

1 Like

I think we can search if there is a stable android system available for the raspberrypi.

2 Likes

explain the advantage of Android on uConsole? the open source community is an advantage to linux - does that exist for Android - I have Android studio but it is a steep learning curve. Still learning C and Node.js If you are an Android developer I could see the attraction.

2 Likes

If you wanted to use applications that aren’t available on Armbian, being able to boot into Android could be useful. Or Windows on ARM, which also runs on a Raspberry CM4.

I’d imagine it could be done, but it might require tinkering with drivers to get the display, 4G and wifi working.

1 Like

with extra microSD cards you can have several flavors!

3 Likes

Have you all tried Waydroid? Run android in a container on Linux: https://docs.waydro.id/

4 Likes

Waydroid looks promising. I’ve seen one post on GitHub that seems to indicate that someone got it working in Raspberry Pi OS, but I am not certain. Have you managed to get it running?

This is something I’d like to try as soon as my device arrives.