Arch Linux Install Guide for DevTerm A06

No, Manjaro ARM and Arch Linux ARM are two different things; each with their own (among other things) custom repository for the bootloader, kernel and other such ARM- and board-specific packages.

Hey all, sorry I have not published an update or new version in a long time. Personal stuff got in the way and it led to me not using my DevTerm as much as I would like to.

If anyone is interested in taking over this project, please reach out to me on GitHub! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

After contacting @css and discussing how this should move forward, I’m happy to announce that I will step up to maintain the ArchLinux a06 distro.

A new rootfs (20230505) is released here: Release 20230505 · yatli/arch-linux-arm-clockworkpi-a06 · GitHub (Thanks @lonewsk for testing and refining the installation instructions!)

11 Likes

Thank you so much Yatli!

1 Like

NB!!!The forum is becoming more and more exciting and vibrant because of your talents.
:star_struck:

1 Like

I only just realised this was around based on a conversation in EXT Cartridge Module - #98 by fip.

I used the filesystem tarball from the releases and it all went pretty well. Had one small hiccup which was a seemingly corrupted libssl2 library when I installed (probably) curl which broke curl, git and pacman (and probably others). If anyone is interested it was this stackoverflow post that fixed it.

How are people using this out of interest? Has anyone had any particularly good success on any particular display manager/window manager or desktop environment combination? I’m tempted to just default to xfce but wondered if anyone was using something different like a tiling WM that works nicely given the DevTerm’s weird screen etc.

One question about the a06 gearbox in the repo, is that included in the OS or does that need to be installed separately?