Battery model recommendation

So to further clarify the NCR18650GA are unprotected cells? Earlier I assumed that the Devterm had it’s own on board BMS, for battery protection. And then I came across this information from one of the mods:

But according to the website:

“The battery module has “Short Circuit and Reverse Polarity Protection” features, but you are still advised to purchase* the batteries from a reliable distributor and install them correctly.”

:thinking: obviously @redshift has yet to burst into flame. This is my first encounter with 18650 cells and I’m trying to do all my research. Signs indicate unprotected cells are probably cool? But I’d like to be safe, after such a long wait :grin:

So far I haven’t found a protected 18650 cell that is less than 18.6 dia (nightcore, fenix, samsung) It would be cool if Clockworkpi can’t sell the batteries due to logistics (Honestly!! I fully understand) If they could be a bit more specific on their recommendations, what’s a suitable capacity Xmah, protected or unprotected cells? Flat or button top?

to be clear, the nightcore cells I got work, and my devterm powers fine. Just the battery cover doesn’t close. it does close