Broken screen overlays after Trixie update

Dear community, after I upgraded my uConsoles running Rex’ latest Trixie version, all screen overlays showing brightness or volume settings graphically, are broken. Now the overlays just show “brightness” or “volume” as pure text.

Is anyone else affected? Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened? As I said, it’s affecting two devices. So, at least in my case, this isn’t an isolated incident.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@Rex, do you have any idea what happened?

not sure it might have been an update that broke it. i haven’t used my uconsole in quite a bit besides for trouble shooting someones problem or testing a new distro before i put it out.

the osd is not something stock it was just a quality of life improvement, so something rpi did could have broke it. i’ll take a look when i get a chance and see whats wrong.

1 Like

This could be linked to same issue why the GUI for AIO V2 don’t show up on the task bar here too looks like it’s hiding behind a shell. When I try to start the GUI it says already running

I’m also experiencing this issue. No idea what caused it, only noticed the other day. I am running Rex’s trixie.

Dear @Rex, have you had a chance to have a look yet to see if you can identify the cause?

I’m feeling better knowing that I’m not the only one affected. :winking_face_with_tongue: