For those among you having problems to install Rick Dangerous, where RetroArch fails to download or install it’s core and / or content. This is the easy way to get it up and running in no time.
You will need to download and copy a simple installer script file to your GameShell, more information about how to do this may be found here: How to transfer files with tinycloud through ssh
As sidenote, my GameShell is running on stock GameShell OS, version stable 1.21. I did not have to install additional packages for this to work.
The provided installer script, details and readme on github, is quite simple and straight forward, written by me. It will download the core source and game data, compile and install it, also download a menu icon and install it and add the menu item for the game. You may choose where to install the game menu icon, either in top level, Apps or Retro Games. If Apps does not exist it will be created with an icon from @Micro007. The game icon too may be choose, my default or the ones created by @aluqard. For more details about the steps the installer is performing, simply open it in a text editor and read it’s contents.
- Download the installer script: install-rick
- Copy install-rick to /home/cpi on your GameShell
- ssh to GameShell
- Execute the installer by typing the following line into the console and hit the enter key:
- Choose place of menu item and icon
- Wait until completed
- Remove the installer by typing the following line into the console and hit the enter key:
- As instructed by the installer, either launch RetroArch and quit it again, or reboot GameShell to reload the menu