Please swap the position of the Enter and the Delete / Backspace button!

@Alexduan

To my view, many users’ “muscle memory” expects the Enter key at the position where the Escape / Backspace key is currently.

4 Likes

I think this is the only pain point I can identify.
At least have some feedback about why this decision was taken?

1 Like

Hardware changes at this time will result in delivery delays. Accordingly, a vote should be taken on whether all buyers agree with the delay in delivery.

1 Like

Hi,

There is already a open topic, maybe we should use the existing one:

Greetings,
Rene

1 Like

I will accept delayed delivery for swapping keys.
Thanks.

Osamu

Hi,

please no delay. To change a key mat needs a lot of time. I’m fine with the current layout.

Greetings,
Rene

2 Likes

I would prefer earlier shipment and will swap the functions if needed.

2 Likes

Since the parts are modular, can’t they just sell different keyboard layouts at a later date?

(I’m hoping that a future revision of the main-board will bring USB 3.1, data on the USB-C port, or even different expansion modules boards.)

4 Likes

I agree with this, and think offering a variety of layouts would be a good idea. I would pay extra for a dvorak keyboard module.

2 Likes

Lol, the kind of people who would drop money on this gadget (myself included) would definitely shell out extra for “nerdy” keyboard layouts… for the right price.
:nerd_face: :keyboard:

1 Like

I saw this being asked by someone on instagram, which I found kinda funny as when you are writing a post on the iOS app, the Post(enter) key is above the Delete key, same as the uConsole.

The uConsole layout seems like a good idea to me; typing with just your thumbs is bit different to using all fingers with both hands, so makes sense to use a slightly different keyboard layout. The screen is about the size of an iPhone, and when it’s in landscape mode the enter key is also above the delete key.

2 Likes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about make the symbols on them less specific and allow each user to flip them in software?