Set time on GameShell

Hey There,

ok stupid question, but how do I set the time :clock12:? i can’t find it under settings.
Should i use a ssh connection to switch the time zone to europe/germany?

Thanks for your help :wink:

Yes this is currently the only way to set the time on your device.

Ugh, I hope this gets updated, soon. I want to update the time but really don’t want to go through all that just to do it right now. lol

In a way it is not like if the time on that device was the most important thing :smiley:

Godzil - you’re right… :slight_smile:

But i like to have it correct on the device :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw. it doesn’t work for know, cause date only show the time and didn’t set it. is there a config file that i have to edit with the vi-editor?

2 Likes

Oh I know don’t worry, was joking a bit, it is better to have thing properly configured

Depending on what you’re playing, some games have time events that use the system clock. It would be nice to have those sync up with the time you can actually recognize as being your real world time as opposed to whatever random time is on the system. This is actually more helpful than one might think at first glance.

Guys! I made it… I change the time zone in my GS using SSH connection by PuttY. First at all I´ve had problems to apply changes cuz I forgot to make “sudo bash”…
But finally I can finish with good results!

This is important to me because Im null in unix/linux and all that shit. This is what I make (user: cpi / pass: cpi / port 22)
Imagen1

2 Likes

great! :kissing_heart:

Thank you for the bash commands!

1 Like

If the information as shown above does not work. You can try this. This worked for me.

Using the SSH. (How to acces GameShell through SSH: How to transfer files with TinyCloud through SSH

Open a terminal window through Terminal or SSH client.

Put the following line in the console.

’‘sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata’'

Follow the directions in the terminal.

The timezone info is saved in /etc/timezone - which can be edited or used below

2 Likes

Hey I just realised that most of these problems can be solved with a cousin application that runs the bag commands for you, somebody put that on github I’m bad at bash :confused:

I still can’t figure out how to get it out of military time.