clockworkOS v0.3 with GPU driver is available!

But … that way you could upgrade from a version (for example) 0.2 to 0.3 that includes new features? (As in this case it would be the implementation, GPU Driver station …)

1 Like

Test out Pokémon Fire Red, or Ruby (battles and audio)

I’ve noticed stuttering in almost everything I’ve played with it.

I’ve tried the new OS with the GPU driver but mGBA freezes on me so I can’t test speed and accuracy for myself. I’d appreciate it, @elefas

1 Like

I am having similar problems, core are crashing randomly or I only get white screen after loading games.
Also my Gameshell randomly reboots while selection a menu or trying to start retroarch

2 Likes

Yep that sums up my issues.
I have my main SD card on 0.2 thank god.
I’m hoping @elefas can fix mGBA. At that point, the device will do everything I want it to do efficiently

1 Like

os 0.21 only has the lima kernel driver but never used actually

lima needs kernel driver and mesa both to work

lima is mainly for the HDMI ,if play in gameshell fbturbo is ok

and
lima is not quiet stable yet
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got my 0.2 card working like a top with basically every emulator I need, so until this GPU thing is 100% stable I’ll just stick with that. :smiley: I cannot wait!!

2 Likes

Hi @Micro007, I tried the Pokemon game with mgba in OS 0.3 and it works decently. I have built a libretro core of mgba and I can provide it if you like but the performance of both cores on v0.3 is the same (at least to my eyes and ears).

2 Likes

Thank you for posting the video @mirobane. Looks good to me. Could you turn on the framerate display in the future?

1 Like

gambatte-libretro GBC emulator has a wrong crop when use lima driver sdl2.
https://forum.clockworkpi.com/t/gambatte-libretro-aspect-error-with-lima-driver-in-v0-3-os/2450

3 Likes

I just know in comparison to gPSP, it doesn’t run that good.

gpSP is a GBA emulator. But I am talking about GBC emulator.

1 Like

I know. I was talking to elefas earlier about running GBA with mGBA (which allows for RetroAchievements to trigger, unlike gPSP)
However, gPSP runs gba games at a perfect emulation. Some give and take here, for sure. I wonder why.

1 Like

gpSP is less accurate than mGBA but cost less CPU, too. So gpSP is smoother.

1 Like

Soooooo smooth. Buttery even. When you use fast forward, it actually FAST FORWARDS.

Hmmmm I am still unsure wether or not to upgrade yet. I have the original board so no HDMI benefit and it is cumbersome. I am hoping for someone to find a different way to upgrade other than having to redo a lot of work, including taking apart the gameshell ;-).

1 Like

I suggest upgrade.
One thing important is for sure: lima got decent vsync.
fbturbo have no vsync, so you would see image tearing all the time.

hmm ok… will make some time :wink:

Definitely will do! I got a spare card here

1 Like

Me, too. Lima is the game changer but it is tooooo unstable. Hope it will be better.

1 Like

I found lima is a powersaver. Battery last longer.

1 Like