clockworkOS v0.3 with GPU driver is available!

is here !

Finally, the new #clockworkOS v0.3 with GPU driver is available for download now,

http://106.185.33.196/clockworkos_v0.3.img.bz2

With #HDMI & #GPU, #GameShell is able to work at fullscreen 60FPS.

once update Just go to “Settings” > “GPU driver switch” > “Lima”, Done!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the link here so I don’t have to visit Facebook.

3 Likes

If anyone has GameShell in hand and has the new drivers, let us know what kind of improvements you are seeing and upload video if you can! I’d like see the gpu tested to see how well it performs.

1 Like

there is it.

i dint know wath to launch so, feel free to tell me wath i can test :slight_smile:

5 Likes

People were having issues with GBA games running at the proper FPS. I think Sonic Advanced 1 or 3 was one of the titles

2 Likes

sonic 3 on Mgba retroarch core

( sorry for french speak in bg is my native langage.)

4 Likes

did any one test gambattle?

1 Like

Impressive man mGBA actually looks playable, which is awesome since gPSP wont trigger my RetroAchievements

2 Likes

why my retroarch in v0.3 start any GBC game just to get a blank screen?

1 Like

It’s a config setting in the core config. GB is set to “GL” and GBC is set to “DISPMAX”

I just read it. Too tired to test will tinker tomorrow

1 Like

GameShell use an allwinner SoC and doesn’t use “DISPMAX” driver.

1 Like

The GPU driver is lima
we put the lima mesa 18.3 into v0.3, which is the latest lima mesa driver

Lima is still under heavy development
no guarantee that 100% working

and the only video_driver in retroarch can work now is sdl2
others will be black screen or crash

3 Likes

Some remarks about the new OS v0.3

• HDMI is very slow with lima driver (even in the GS menu)
  • my opengl compiled PicoDrive standalone binary works very sluggishly (also sound is choppy) but with doubled resolution in HDMI and displays a blank screen when displaying on GS’s screen. I know that the resolution thing is probably from the picodrice code but the performance deterioration is probably due the driver.
  • swtiching to Fbturbo driver the opengl PicoDrive just … works … weird.
1 Like

retroarch with sdl2 works well with lima under HDMI

so maybe try to use sdl2 with picodrive is better than opengl?

mali 400 has only opengl es support ,no opengl actually

1 Like

Sdl version works smoothly but I thought the OpenGL one would be even better. Strange thing is that in is OS 0.21 with Lima driver the OpenGL worked better than in 0.3.

1 Like

So, what software version do you currently recommend? By the way … can not clockwork OS be updated from the system menu, without having to re-install everything? I thought that one of the advantages of this laptop over others based on RetriPie, was the convenience of always having updated the system from the menu without having to put all the games and other … :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

You should try to tweak mGBA to run as good as your pico drive.

1 Like

you can update EZ from System menu. “setings → update”

1 Like

My GameShell just freezes when I try to load a game on anything. Lima + sdl12 driver… am I doing something wrong or should I just reflash?
I’m trying to test out this GPU improvement

1 Like

I suppose I can build the libretro core, can you tell me which games to test in order to compare the quality with the original mgba core?

1 Like