DevTerm Bookworm kernel 6.6.28

I got kernel 6.6.28 compiled for the DevTerm on Debian Bookworm!

5 Likes

raspberrypi-linux HEAD? :open_mouth:

Yes sir, I’m running a newer kernel on the DevTerm then that is full release for the pi yet. Not by much but still.

Edit: I’m doing one more clean compile I want to do to make things as easy as possible for others. Then I’ll push it up to GitHub. If you want to check it out

Edit 2: if all goes good I might set up a repo for the kernel and put it in a new image. Build it every other week so that the uConsole and DevTerm can get kernel updates

3 Likes

Recompiled again and dumped onto a fresh RPI image.

Still getting some warnings on the panel drivers but they build and work. I changed a few things, now doing another recompile to see if I can get rid of the warnings.

2 Likes

Thank God we have you and yatli.

1 Like

A little update everything is working in 6.6.28 except internal audio. Headphones work bt audio works but no speakers. I’ve made a apt repo for future kernel updates. Will post when ready to go.

3 Likes

Fucking legend. I don’t think everyone understands what that means. An up to date kernel is a total game changer for these devices.

3 Likes

will it work for so this could also work with UC?

You could cover all Debian based OS by moving it to Armbian. Infrastructure comes by default.