clockworkpi

I'm creating a virtual mouse pointer control program, and I've run into some tricky problems

I’m trying to create a program that will create a mouse cursor I can control with the keypad. I’ve been making decent progress, but I’ve run into a few tricky issues. I’ll probably be able to figure it out on my own eventually, but I could use an outside perspective on the project.

Current issues (copied from the github page):

• Is there a way to directly enable and disable the mouse cursor in X11, even when no input device exists? If this was possible, it would simplify things considerably, and I could just use xdotool to move the cursor.
  • Is it possible to create a fake pointer device that runs through software? This would also be better than my current approach.
  • Is there a way to make X11 draw a cursor image over any window? Direct framebuffer access is less than ideal, and it would be better if I could avoid it.
  • If not, how can I enable drawing to the framebuffer over X11 again? In ClockworkOS V0.2, images could be drawn directly to the framebuffer even with X11 active. Is there some way this can be re-enabled?
  • How can I enable custom security capabilities? I suspect these are disabled in the kernel, but can’t be sure as the kernel configuration isn’t accessible in any of the usual locations in /proc or /boot. Is there a way to enable these without installing a new kernel?