Request:Open source curcuitboard

I want to know if i can have the design of the board since your console is open source

Thank you

1 Like

I want free access to Kroger’s shelves and to the means to produce factory products like GameShell, but they won’t share their secrets with me. Will you help me to help @aewens’s boss to learn secrets that only people I don’t care about can use to their advantage against people whose intentions I favor?

While we lack the schematics for the Clockwork Pi (the motherboard I believe you’re referring to), we do have the specs:

SoC – Alwinner R16-J quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
System Memory – 512MB or 1GB (in future revision of the board)
Storage – 1x micro SDHC slot
Video Output / Display I/F – 18-bit RGB display interface, micro HDMI (planned in revision of the board),
Audio Output – Via HDMI, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
USB – 1x micro USB port
Expansion – 14-pin header with UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO
Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port or 3.7V battery
Dimensions – 70×50 mm

I don’t believe Clockwork will be sourcing our their designs for this board, but if they had any intention to that’d be a question for @yong.

1 Like

Thank you but i want the schematics of the keypad and i am also interesed in wich indie games can it play.
Can it run synths like sunvox and pahse (http://www.humbletune.com/phase/? pahse) and (http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/ sunvox)
What can it emulate?
What does the lightkey module do?
What kind of linux is clockwork os? (mint,debian,ubuntu,etc)
Lastly does the hdmi port is available on the case so i can put it in my T.V

2 Likes

Yah wat indie games can it play? Can I have the schematics for the indie games? I don’t know what I’d do with them, but I want them. I don’t understand this phenomenon among you developers where you namedrop. But I like that @aewens namedrops all the best connections.

I’ll answer your questions in order:

1. The schematics for the keypad should be easier to get, given it’s the open source hardware bit, again a question for @yong. Until then, here’s the specs for it:

MCU- Microchip Atmel ATMega160p MCU
    30-pin header with flat headers
    ISP programming connector
    I2C interface to Clockwork Pi
    micro USB connector

2. It can run any game with ARM support and doesn’t need more than 512mb of RAM

3. Phase and sunvox have ARM support, thus they will work

4. Can it emulate? Yes.

5. The Lightkey model acts as both an L1/L2 and R1/R2 buttons for gaming, as well as an additional 5 buttons and LEDs to be used with the Keypad for Arduino programming.

6. Debian

1. The current version has no HDMI port, the mHDMI port is scheduled to be added in the first revision of the Clockwork Pi board, but is not part of the version of it shipping with the GameShell.
1 Like

That’s really great. I suspect he was just trying to entrap me, so thank you. I like the idea of lateral technology expansion, since the idea innervates social periphery and produces opportunity. Your boss, contrarily, invests heavily in automation. I tried to get into cluster, but they wouldn’t let me anywhere near your secrets, not even in 70 * 7Y minutes.

Last questions:1) You say this can be even an 8 bit synth.I Wich app is it running.
2) I asked what can it emulate not if it can emulate i have seen all the demo videos
3)Does it have a touchscreen because i saw somewhere a stylus

Yes. Since it’s an Open Source hardware project, the circuit-board schematics are planned to be released, too.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re asking for the first question. For the second, as I said it can emulate anything has support running on ARM and needs less than 512mb of RAM (it’s easier to check specs than compile a long exhaustive list of emulators / games, just look up the specs of the original console to see that it’s not more than the GameShell’s). And no, it does not come with nor work with a stylus.

In your video you said it can be a synthesizer I want to know the software that it is running
Can it play lan?
Thanks a lot for your help

Which video?

This is a Linux computer, so it can run 99% of thing a LInux computer can run.

Will Sunvox? probably, but for a device with Console input and no touchscreen, will it be useable? no.

The GameShell/Clockwork is really nothing more than a PC running linux (but with hardware different form a standard PC, so ARM CPU instead of x86, less memory, and less big hard drive) all the rest are on a functional point of view identical.

The major differences between the Gameshell and your pc are the screen size (320x240) and the input method: the GameShell have:

• a 4 direction Dpad,
  • 8 face buttons which are:
  • 4 gamepad type button
  • 1 select and 1 start button
  • One “menu” button
  • A shift button (to sheaft the meaning of the other button like Select becoming Volume down)

This is not really a all purpose device, but a game (playing) oriented device.
You don’t need a gameshell to start to make a project for it, any computer running LInux is a good base, you just need to keep in mind that you have a 320x240 display, just a few inputs buttons and it is not as powerful than a PC, so if your game/app at 320x240 is struggling on a moderne Core i7, it will be unplayable on the GameShell.

You can expect any type of standard technology to work on it (SDL, OpenGL/Mesa, OpenAL, …)

There is no “synthesizer” in the box, but yes you can use any type of software that make sounds as long as you can control it with the Dpad/6buttons

I see where the confusion is, while I linked to the video that was not posted by me. @yong posted that video in this thread, so I have no idea, personally, what it was running. And it can play LAN in a wlan sense, it has WiFi/Bluetooth, so it can connect over the network to game with others on the same network, if you’d like.

I am refering in idiegogo s video link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=86&v=UY7E2alQYcg
(1:26)

Oh i see, not sure what they are speaking about. I will not use any standard tracker on the GameShell for obvious reason: the inputs are not made for it.

But you can make one which is suited for, there is no limitation on that point.