Thank you Pixelpunker! This is exactly what I was looking for. Funny thing is I compiled and installed it with no issues, only to get it display a single frame on Gambatte… to then a frozen screen forever.
Sorry if this is asking for too much help… but I already tried a dozen of things, including:
- Deleting all previously downloaded cores.
- Deleting the retroarch configuration folder.
- Pulling an snapshot of 1.7.3 and compiling/installing again, just in case the latest version was troublesome.
- Tried no configuration override for Gambatte.
- Checking the newly downloaded cores are actually from the “neon” source.
What’s really strange to me:
sdl2 vídeo driver just hangs retroarch to death, even when launching it solo from the main menu. Black screen. Nothing. Got to kill the process.
gl at least launches it. I can fully interact with the menu, but that’s it. Retroarch still freezes when attempting to load a game with the Gambatte core.
- This is exactly the opposite of what happened with the retroarch bundled in 0.3 in which
gl would not work at all (!!).
I don’t know what to do!
Thanks for your help!
PS: That preciously rendered frame was perfect, totally worth it so I can play it like that.