uConsole Case Options

I just got my A06 uConsole and bought this case at DAISO, it was $2.50.

8 Likes

fuck bro i am so jealous

1 Like

I haven’t had much time to use it yet (I received it yesterday), but it seems to be…okay.
My initial impression is - that the aluminum feels a bit cheap, and it chugs a bit when browsing Discord.

The chugging could be user error tbh. I haven’t run any updates or optimized any sort of settings as of yet.

electron apps were the first entrance of satan into our world since the times of our lord and savior the flying spaghetti monster

3 Likes

I hate to be this person but I could not find a “DAISO” case that matches what you found. DO you happen to have a link for the case you bought?

THanks!

1 Like

Someone else bought one of these: USA Gear Case

I grabbed one under a different listing for the same price (it was being sold as a portable monitor case for cinematography work). It’s pick and pull foam so you can size it to you uConsole as needed. I Don’t have mine yet, but the person on here i saw with theirs pulled everything but 2 squares on all sides, so it’ll fit just fine. Plus it has that screen protector flap so accessories don’t mess anything up in travel.

1 Like

You should definitely play with the a06-gearbox command! I usually like to use default settings 4 or set mine to setting 5 for casual use, a06-gearbox -s5 and s6 is great if you want full speed but make sure you have a charger handy/plugged in because the battery life TANKS on 6 under load.

Resurrecting this old topic with my recent purchase. Costed me 11€ on aliexpress.

Sits perfectly inside, looks very good.

If anyone interested, size number 2: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006069110739.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.18751802Rb5cZr

7 Likes

Any recommendation for cases on amazon please?

Yeah, can confirm:

1 Like

I also got this - thank you for recommending. I paid 5 euros for it (shipped to France; no extra duty / VAT etc.)

1 Like

Nice! :slightly_smiling_face: Yes, worth mentioning if you register as a new customer on Ali you get a very big discount on your first order.

1 Like

Like me, got mine for 67p

1 Like

Hm, but the cheapest one is size one, which is not going to fit the console, the one the photos is size 2, 19.5x15.5.

Yh mine was size 2 :joy: i signed up to get the discount

1 Like

Sheesh :joy:, should have signed up with a new email account. But good for others, at this price it’s literally a steal of a deal.

2 Likes

Tbh the usa gear one @Arkaium posted looked hella nice but seemed a little too big for my liking, but i also have a small shoulder bag that just fits the uConsole on its own with a battery pack and some cables just incase i need to just carry that

I just put the 3D printed cover on it to protect the display and keyboard. Really not worried about the scratches on the metal case.

utilitarian, i see.

(20 characters)

3 Likes

It’s big but given how heavy and dense the thing is, I didn’t mind the extra cushioning.

1 Like