What new type of face plate would you like best?

• Green
  • Chrome
  • Blue
  • Clear
  • Black
  • Other

0 voters

Back plates would be nice to see as well; especially ones using the community files with the integrated light key.

That’s if they ever decide to release an official injection moulded updated shell.

I’m guessing that after the initial voting process, a secondary vote will be had to discuss which shade of said colour, and finish people would like. Rg, green comes in many shades.

3 Likes

made a poll for back shells, go check it out: What new kind of back shell would you like back (choose color, matte or clear, and if you want an internal lightkey mount) , i will hold a secondary vote for the specifics of the front shell

2 Likes

I would like a totally moded one that includes a keyboard :smiley:

4 Likes

Why stop there? Let’s see a Steel Battalion pocket custom faceplate, complete with a breakout box for pedal controls! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Someday I will integreate this somehow

4 Likes

I’m getting flashbacks. And this is almost feeling like it’s possible, if they could fit a qwerty keyboard into that small a form factor.

1 Like

I have the design in mind but not the skills to design it :smiley:

3 Likes

i think we can make a module and a special face plate so instead of the keypad you had a keyboard or have something like the workboy from the gameboy, and use a usb port like the one here:My first accessory for GameShell

2 Likes

My plan is to have it like this with a custom face plate

5 Likes

ok, so you should start thinking about how you want it to stay there: with the case going over it, an external module that clips into the case, or some other way.

1 Like

Replacing the entire keypad, integrated inside the plastic.

2 Likes

so, pretty much a keyboard module? i have a set of parts you can use to make a rough model:https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4319698 you also can make keycaps for that by modifying the ones for the lightkey

2 Likes

Yes, there is couple of models for this keyboard

3 Likes

also, how are you going to hook that up? i am thinking of getting one, so i will like to know how to set it up.

With an arduino board.

3 Likes

Here’s a novel concept. With @Timo now on the forums, perhaps we could even have some collaboration, and have some kind of custom LowRes NX case made, complete with a sliding up screen to reveal a keyboard.

@Timo - has a physical version of the fantasy console ever been made before?

Pic for reference.

2 Likes

i bought a keyboard and some buttons with it, and i was thinking of hooking it up through a bread board

1 Like

only problem is, how are we going to have a sliding screen without damaging the ribbon cables? otherwise, that would work well.

1 Like

Potentially, fabricating a new ribbon that can fold back on itself, and take a 90 degree turn; while being flexible enough to be able to slide up and down. Just like the old slider phones of the early 2000’s. Man I miss those!

Also, you could always have the bread board hooked up to the arduino, which is already hooked up fo the CPI.

Eg, something like this.

2 Likes