Where's the source?

I know about the GitHub repo, but it seems woefully incomplete. At first glance, none of the Debian packaging is present for any package (except for wiringpi, which is an external project). The patches for the armbian kernel don’t seem to be relevant because the current image build process discards the armbian-built kernel package (after patching it, wtf) and installs a completely different package (devterm-kernel-current-cpi-a06). There’s another kernel patch just sitting around, but it’s not clear that it’s actually used for anything.

I can probably put together my own packaging for the non-kernel packages based on the source code present in the GitHub repo, but for the kernel, I need to at least have the kernel source (in version control, please) and any patches that are being used to produce devterm-kernel-current-cpi-a06_0.2_arm64.deb .

@guu I think this is your rodeo?

it is not a redeo

in fact we wont keep any source in our hands

checkout the wiki

I append the reson for devterm-kernel-current-cpi-a06_0.2_arm64.deb

after image done
unzip linux-dtb-current-rockchip64.db, linux-image-current-rockchip64.dtb
and then combine all files ,all the postinst, preinst,prerm,postrm
to be one devterm-kernel-current-cpi-a06.dtb
the reason is if not doing this , apt-get upgrade will replace the linux-dto,linux-image* in future, which will cause boot failed
so to keep a06 linux kernel in safe , I made devterm-kernel-current-cpi-a06

and there is an issue days ago metioned this

Thanks for your reply and wiki update. I’m much less confused now. I probably should have checked the closed issues in addition to just the open ones.

I didn’t mean to confuse you by using the term “rodeo”. That’s just an English idiom. In this case it means “area of expertise and responsibility”. I saw that you were performing most of the commits, so I guessed you might be the best person to ask.

In any case, I intend to do some repackaging of the kernel/dtb package(s) based on a simple fork of the Debian project’s kernel packaging. That should be a pretty good jumping-off point for eventual attempts to get the A06 DevTerm to work with the mainline kernel and a vanilla arm64 kernel package (i.e. foisting it off on Ben Hutchings et. al.). It should also simplify or eliminate that combination step. I’ll let you know when I have something useful.

2 Likes