Wont load launcher after skin updated

Right. Okay so that post was completely different, where he couldn’t get up to the point where the launcher was even executed. That’s a hardware problem, and initialisation not completing.
In this case, yours is running. It’s just a matter of having enough information to fix it. Ha that’s why I was confused about what you were saying I was referring to! Now it adds up. Kind of. I still can’t find the link to the image you said I was referring to to update.

It sounds like you can recover, just replacing the contents of ~/launcher/skins/default, restoring them to normal; assuming that’s how you installed redrum.

Just double check the contents of ~/.gameshell_skin to make sure it has /home/cpi/launcher/skin/default

That should do it. Also consider backing up before doing any experiments with code, just in case you make any “critical errors” in future. It’s easy to do. I personally have 3 SD cards for the gameshell.

1. 128GB - my day to day card filled with games - mostly doesn’t get fiddled with.
  2. 16GB - my sandbox test card - deliberately gets broken a lot, testing new things, compiling sources, trying stupid things etc. It’s where I simulate problems to help people.
  3. 16GB - my master image - after testing on card 2, and confirmed working, I write all the finalised changes to this card and have backup images based on this. It remains untouched, and is the source for my custom OS releases.

SD cards are so cheap, it’s worth just having them there for peace of mind.

1 Like