Adhesive paper for the thermal printer?

I tried paperbang adhesive paper which didn’t work. The paper roll is moving but nothing is printed on it. Not sure it’s printer malfunctioning or the paper issue.

Update:

The issue is that the paper roll I bought has the printable side on the inner side while the devterm expected the printable side on the outside.
If I put the paper roll inversed in the tray, it can be printed. But I have to manually pull the paper roll instead of relying on the printer move the paper roll by itself.

I purchased this paper (from Amazon and they are proud of it - expensive…) but it works:

Vetbuosa White Self-Adhesive Thermal Paper, Glossy Printable Sticker Paper for Mini Sticker Printer Inkless Bluetooth Pocket Thermal Printer, Black on White, 57mm x 3.5m, Diameter 30mm, 3-Roll

This works

2 Likes

I’ve been printing labels and mailing addresses on adhesive paper - never would have thought it would be so helpful. thanks for the tip

I just found them a few days ago on walmart for a 10 pack for $11 & printed a few labels just now. No issues at all. The size is 57mmx25mm

1 Like

DevTerm printer was so handy . I purchased an external 80 mm printer with usb/bluetooth interface it will print plain text straight from linux prefer the larger print size. printer was from walmart - now I can print from all my linux machines using USB… took me some real searching to figure out how to print to it. Notes:

USB printers may present themselves to the system differently depending which USB-
to-serial chip they use internally. Try the following first:

ls -l /dev/usb/lp0

If the response is something like:

crwxrwxr-x 1 root lp 180, 0 Mar 14 14:11 /dev/usb/lp0

Then this is a recent model. But if instead you get:
ls: cannot access ‘/dev/usb/lp0’: No such file or directory

Then try:

ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0

Don’t fret if your USB printer is the “older” model. All of these print images equally

well. Just need to know which it is: /dev/usb/lp0 , or /dev/ttyUSB0 .
Let’s verify we can print something. For a current “ lp0 ” model, type:

sudo chmod 777 /dev/usb/lp1 (done every boot)

echo -e “This is a test.\n\n\n” > /dev/usb/lp0

echo -e “This is a test.\n\n\n” > /dev/usb/lp1

prints plane test file full path!!!

cat travellist.txt > /dev/usb/lp1