Adhesive paper for the thermal printer?

I was wondering if the thermal printer will support any kind of adhesive paper and/or labels. Printing stickers, labels, and QR codes seems like the best use cases to me, and in each case, adhesive paper would help. Any thoughts?

1 Like

If you find any roll with the same size of sticker thermal printer paper, that should work

1 Like

The DevTerm page states that the thermal paper rolls should be 58mm wide, but does anyone have any idea what diameter of roll can fit in the input tray? Seems like almost every brand of paper comes on a different-sized roll.

It only matter if it is too big. Though it’s hard to say the size, but I’m pretty sure it is somewhat standardized, and we probably can determine roughly the size from the renders

If the roll is too big, unroll it till it’s just smaller than a perfect fit and rip it off. My adafruit compact thermal has this issue… I waste almost half a roll when I change it out.

1 Like

I do hope the chamber isn’t nearly as small, though.

Has anybody found suitable adhesive paper? I got some from Paperang and it is the right size and everything but it doesn’t work. Oddly, if I put regular non-adhesive paper in, the test print works just fine. Not sure if there is anything you need to do or set to get that type of paper working.

Do you use thermal adhesive paper/ labels? Non-thermal won’t work here.

Greetz

Michael

(My first post here, still awaiting to get my A06… :grin:)

1 Like

Of course I bought thermal paper for my thermal printer. :expressionless:

It doesn’t work. The printer won’t engage and stops moving.

Again, I’ve loaded and used regular thermal paper just fine.

how about using the backside of the paper to try test printing?

Printing works fine on regular thermal paper.

You can’t feed a roll backwards and besides it won’t print on the back if you could since that is the adhesive backing (non thermal).

Ok, sorry, this SHOULD work of course… So I have no idea yet why it doesn’t… :man_shrugging:

Maybe the adhesive paper is a bit too thick so the printer can’t transport it.

1 Like

I think you’re probably right. Going to return this paper and look for something else to try.

This is such a bummer. I really hope you find an alternative. Please let us know! :slight_smile:

Any luck finding anything else?

I successfully used this brand:

It‘s Chinese. You should be able to get it on Aliexpress.

5 Likes

I’ve been hoping someone would come back and recommend an adhesive paper that was purchaseable for those of us in the states so I can avoid the trial and error effort. However, since nobody has posted I decided to try and go down the path myself and just purchased this. Wish me luck, I will report back if it works!

3 Likes

Your luck is our luck…so I self-servingly wish you good luck!

1 Like

Well good news! I did find paper that works.

For US-based folks this is the brand I bought on Amazon

At the moment it seems to be out of stock, but it’s possible other “Paperang” printers will work.

It’s actually really neat to be able to print something small like this out, I have some new ideas now:

1. Sticky notes
  2. Todo lists which I can stick to the back of my phone
  3. Other reminders that I can print and attach to my phone case

… and of course some obvious cases like label maker, etc.

4 Likes