Any news about Gameshell getting back in stock?

Thank you very much for your interest! I’m really sorry to disappoint you, but if you need it by the 14th of November, I’m afraid we could not guarantee that. If you want it badly, please PM me to see if something can be worked out.

2 Likes

It’s ok @yong. I mostly wanted to play N64 and Dreamcast and I found a new console. It runs on a raspberry pi 4 so emulation is perfect. I can also play Gamecube/Wii games. But I will definently still get a Gameshell when it’s in-stock.

N64 emulation is far from perfect on any SoC; let alone a desktop computer.
Dreamcast you’ll definitely have a lot more luck with.
However, keep in mind that the pi4 has a much higher power requirement, and even in a proper “desktop” replacement case, overheats like crazy, without an adequate HSF setup. Your battery life will be shocking.

Just letting you know, before you go ahead and actually order another device.

Last I was fiddling with my pi4, running GameCube/Wii required you to be running in a full Debian desktop environment, and using a 64bit distribution. This was with Dolphin. It was all an extremely manual process. Just be very prepared to have to troubleshoot a lot. I was using the first Gen 4GB rpi4, and recently also the 8GB upgraded variant. Both versions could “run” GameCube and Wii, but was far from being perfect.

Thanks a lot. It has a very big fan and a 4500 milliamp hour battery. I have dolphin emulator on my chromebook so I can use steam link on retropie. I am also guaranteed that I can play minecraft.

Unless you’re planning on using a retail $35 license, the version most people have running on devices is a diminutive version; usually either the RPi version or the Java version.

Retail is still subpar on most non commercial devices. Don’t expect it to run as smooth as your favourite platform.

The heat needs to go somewhere, and even with a large HSF, it will be a very warm unit; judging by how my actively cooled rpi4 works. Gauging by my experience with Northbridge sized fans, they’re not exactly the quietest things when they spin up.

The battery size is still going to be relative to the current draw of both the larger/higher res screen and the rpi4’s thirsty requirements. Depending on how active the community is, power management issues could be a problem.

Basically, I’m just saying not to throw in the towel and jump ship just yet. Either way, you’re going to be in for a wait.

1 Like

I’ve got a white one for sale. We got it in March 2020, but have not used it very much. It is like new (although already built… sorry). I’m in the USA. DM me if you’re interested.

1 Like

Do we have any restock for this years? I got most part of gameshell except the mainboard. If anyone want to sell a mainboard or gameshell, let me know! :grinning:

You still have that white gameshell for sale?

Are there plans for any more gameshells? It’s been a while!

1 Like

official consensus is after the Devterm launch, which is early june as of currently. so not before then. at minimium, i’ll guess at least 3-6 months after that and that is a best case scenario.

1 Like