Any news about Gameshell getting back in stock?

I hope I’m not breaking any rules by posting in this category…
As the title says, the Gameshell has been out of stock for a while now. I was eyeing one and I’m wondering, I don’t want to sound impatient, but is it going back in stock soon?
Also, is this shortage related to any upgrades you guys are planning? Is something new coming our way?
Thanks!

Anything? Anybody? Any info on this?

I am certain that it will be back on stock, but when…harder to say.
You can always go on Amazon if you want it sooner.
Correction: Out of stock on Amazon.ca too…

I’m getting some money around the 20th, give or take a few days, and I was planning on getting the GS around that time. But now, with all this shortage, I’m thinking maybe something in there will get upgraded, I get the current version from who knows where and then I’m drooling over the updated part. Out of everything in the shop, the mainboard is the only part that is out of stock, so naturally I’m thinking that’s the one with a high chance of an improvement. I was hoping to get an insight into this, should I wait? Should I not wait?.. Decisions are hard.

Wait a bit then.
Christmas is coming they will be back in stock.

1 Like

The red one and yellow one are both still in stock on Amazon (US):

Try the official places listed in the FAQ section. I haven’t tried checking them all yet, but if anyone else does, and can report back, that would be fine and dandy! :slight_smile:

Clockwork GameShell FAQ

1 Like

You can still buy GameShells at Amazon, while our online store is now out of stock, probably till the end of October. Sorry about that.

1 Like

End of October sounds just fine. Thanks for the info!
By the way, for anyone wondering the same as me, looks like the yellow one is back in stock. :slight_smile:

EDIT: by the time it gets back in stock, is it going to be the same current version with the 3.1 mainboard, or is it going to be upgraded in any way? I understand if you can’t comment on this, but I just had to ask. :smiley:

Its not for me to answer but I would be surprised…

FYI we have a couple new-in-box game shells which are leftover prize winnings from game jam #1. I believe we have a yellow and a white. Will sell to someone in the US lower 48 (sorry international people, dont want to deal with the paperwork to ship them outside). $140, shipping included.

Yeah, unfortunately, I’m in Romania. Amazon listings for the GS don’t get shipped to Romania either… But thanks for offering. :slight_smile:

Does anyone have updates on when we should expect these to be back in stock? I’m assuming they’ll be back for the holidays but hoping to narrow down a time window! Thanks.

We are already back on official website now, and will be back soon on amazon.com.

3 Likes

The official store is sold out and on amazon. I have been watching an before november 19 so when when will it actually be back in stock? I really need one soon.

A lot of things have happened in the world since November 2019 that would disrupt the distribution and production of the gameshell. I don’t think the previous post referencing a restock would still be valid, almost a year later.

I remember Yong making a post in September saying it would be 2 months from then. So mid November.

There were a few classified posts from people selling theirs in that thread too.

I’m not sure if asking for it harder and more insistently as an individual would make it get produced any faster, but I could be wrong.

@yong is one of the creators of the admins/mods/creators Gameshell, so I’d say that what he said was an official announcement. I think @vanessa was a team member who was dealing with PR etc, so perhaps she could chime in with any information.

So around the 15th? I need one by the 14th so I guess I can wait.

I have one for sale currently. It’s the red case. PM me if you’d like to purchase one that’s like new and complete in box. It is already assembled but I can disassemble it if you’d like to put it together.

1 Like

If you need if by the 14th, and the EARLIEST It may come back into stock is the 15th, I wouldn’t hold your breath. Postage alone will be around a month, given which country it will be coming from.

Suppliers of parts would be going through hell. Postal services are going through all sorts of quarantining and screening processes. This really isn’t a good time to be pressing for precise time frames.

Meantime, possibly consider replying to @dessysGS. He also replied to you in the previous thread you posted in. You will be more likely to get it in time from him.

1 Like

I would but I live in Canada and I really don’t want to get something that has been used by another person because, well you know. That’s why I have not bought one off of e-bay. But thank you so much @dessysGS for the offer.