[CM3/Raspbian] driver and document for Joystick/button?

@AlexDuan It’s driver question.

I’ve installed RetroPie and PICO8, VVVVVV etc…
They works but buttons and mouse are not working since it seems there is no driver under /dev/
Because I saw they are working in Demo video of DT, I thought DT Team has already its information.

Could I get the file ‘sdl_controllers.txt’ ?
And could you show me where the document of using joystick/buttons?
Thanks.

1 Like

@AlexDuan My bad. I found drivers are up and running in /dev/input/

So it’s running well now, right? Anything need us to help?

1 Like

@AlexDuan drivers are found in /dev/input/* but It seems that joy2key.py (in retropie package) does not working. I mean up/down/right/left and Y/X/B/A buttons are not working in RetroPie. I may find its reason. But it would be grateful if you show me some hints.

‘emulationstation’ (RetroPie) start rorated like following:

IMG_20210905_0257446

1 Like

screeen rotating

When I start emulationstation (RetroPie), screen shows rorated. I don’t know how to fix.
But In X-WIndow, it shows correctly. (because of ‘xrandr’)
I like to run RetroPie in multi-user.target mode. So please someone tell me the way to fix screen displaying.

using buttons in PICO-8, VVVVVV

Here is generated sdl_controllers.txt (only D-Pad buttons and A,B,X,Y buttons)
/opt/retropie/emulators/pico8/sdl_controllers.txt

03000000af1e00002400000010010000,ClockworkPI DevTerm,platform:Linux,a:b2,b:b1,x:b3,y:b0,back:b8,start:b9,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,

In my case, I put the environment variable in ~/.bashrc

export SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG=“03000000af1e00002400000010010000,ClockworkPI DevTerm,platform:Linux,a:b2,b:b1,x:b3,y:b0,back:b8,start:b9,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,”

1 Like

The screen rotation should be in a different topic, but well.

The native orientation of the LCD panel is you see it in emulation station. You need to force a 90° rotation to display in how the DevTerm expect.

Aka the real resolution is 480x1280 not the opposite

2 Likes

@guu have any idea on this?

I don’t have a devterm to test this on (yet, I’m in for an A06), but the information at the bottom of this thread might help. Sounds like Emulationstation doesn’t make it easy to rotate the main menu display, but it might be possible to force it like this.

Thanks for the link. But, unfortunately, it seems it does not work.
I put environment variable but still no luck: export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION="CW"
I’m digging in…

can we move that to another topic please?