Fixing detected gamepad in some games

This is just a PSA: some games rely on SDL2 gamepad detection, which won’t detect the DevTerm pad and buttons by default. To get the gamepad detected, add the following line to the .profile file in your home folder:

export SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG="03000000af1e00002400000010010000,ClockworkPI DevTerm,platform:Linux,a:b2,b:b1,x:b3,y:b0,back:b8,start:b9,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,"

And log out/log back in. This got the gamepad working in RigelEngine for me.

7 Likes

thank you, works great for me

Hi there! Just wanted to thank you for posting this! I also wanted to report that the same thing works for the uConsole, with a small tweak to swap the A/B X/Y mappings. After configuring it this way, I was able to get my buttons mapped correctly in TIC-80.

export SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG="03000000af1e00002400000010010000,ClockworkPI uConsole,platform:Linux,a:b1,b:b2,x:b0y:b3,back:b8,start:b9,leftx:a0,lefty:a1,"
4 Likes

Hi thanks got the abxy buttons to map in retropie now the dpad and select start buttons only thing is the LR buttons how can we map there to LR in retropie they still wont work.

Should the mouse still work with this configuration? I am able to get gamepad support in emulationstation with this code but it will not detect the mouse. See this thread for more details. Any other ideas to fix would be greatly appreciated!

Just tested this Greyson. Worked like a charm! Thank you!