Running Sega CD and other .cue Games

Hey all, I’ve been searching for answers in past threads but I could not find an answer to my problem. I cannot get any Sega CD or other .cue based games to run. I have my bios installed, but the system is not recognizing the .cue to load the game and only shows .zip and .bin. I also have my action file configured to see .cue, but they do not register in the GS main menu or within the RetroArch app.

I can get this all to run through RetroArch on my PC so I know the roms, cores and bios work…

What am I doing wrong?

edit the action.config file and add cue.

I had done that already with my initial set up, but I reviewed it in case.

…now I feel like a dork because as I was reviewing my files i realized the .cue of the game I was testing had somehow vanished… I put it back and it was working as expected. :sweat_smile:

Thank you all for your help.

Which core are you using for SegaCd, and where did you put the bios? I kinda gave up when i tried earlier.

I would need to ssh into my gameshell to tell you which one (my internet has been buggy), but I’m sure it’s PicoDrive.
As far as the bios, I made a folder in the retroarch directory and named it “system” and dropped the bios in there.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I download sega cd games and when I start the game runs it smoothly but after some time the music will shut down. I try to reset the settings don’t work. I download the Sega CD Emulator and the games from the same website.

Have you tried the picodrive emulator? I think it does Sega cd

Hi, there I just installed the picodrive for sega but somehow it doesn’t shows up in suggested cores for my downloaded sega games in retro arch, please help

What folder did you put your Roms?

I made a separate folder for sega games in games folder and named it MD

No, there should be a picodrive folder there already, for your MegaDrive games

So is it ok to just add another folder using FileZilla and name it picodrive

No, what OS are you running?

I use windows, please help me

Which picodrive you exactly installed? If you downloaded standalone version than it is not should to be used with retroarch.

Yes I downloaded the standalone version, but is there another way to do, if so let me know

Ok, then you need to put bios files with specific name, just google “bios file name for picodrive” and put them into folder home/cpi/.picodrive (not picodrive, but .picodrive, it already existsts, and it is hidden, but filezilla should see it.

Now you can launch picodrive in menu “emulators” and use navigation within it if I’m not mistaken.

I will give it a try podmaz and update you soon, thanks :ok_hand:

Found the .picodrive and copied the bios files and tried loading again still no luck. :worried: