[CM3/Raspbian] When the battery is fully charged, the devterm sounds like noise

The notise sounds disappear when the adapter is turned off.

Is there any way to prevent battery charing, when it is full?

I think DevTerm may have a PMU to ensure safety charging. When battery is full, PMU will prevent charging.

1 Like

Please try to use a different USB-C adapter.

2 Likes

The noise you are hearing is most likely totally unrelated with battery charging.

1 Like

I changed new power adapter and the noise gone.
The first one was 2.2A , new one is 2.0A

3 Likes

Yeah, 5v 2A is recommended. So it’s good now.

1 Like

sorry, noob question here: after assembling my devterm (cm3), as I’m waiting for my batteries to arrive, I tried to run the devterm with a power adapter only and the cm3 is making a high frequency noise, which seems to change, if the load of the device changes too… I tried three different power adapters (5V), ranging from 2.0 to 2.5 A, but this didn’t change anything, so is there anything else, which could be done here? maybe I missed something while putting it together (although, basically it seems to work fine)? or could this be an issue with the cm3 module? chances are, I’ll run my devterm not the whole time on batteries only and this noise is pretty disturbing… having said that, I like this device a lot and be very happy to hold it here in my hands, so thank you guys for all your work!

i think you’ll hear the noise unless you put batteries in the DT not sure why exactly tho

1 Like

The batteries are recommended when using the device. The whole power system is designed to run with batteries, so if you use it without them, the current will have to go by another circle instead of the regular one and cause a noice of electric current. I’m not R&D so that’s how far I can go.

2 Likes

okay, then I’ll wait for the batteries to arrive, thank you for your replies!

1 Like

A small winning as annoying it can be is in general an inductor (or sometime capacitor) that do somewhat vibrate. There is nothing really to worry about, it is not going to explode, it’s just an annoying noise

2 Likes

when I pluged the type c(no batteries) and pressed the ON button, I heart the noise from the main board. At this moment, the DEVTERM used the micro hdmi outputing the video. But when the system was loaded, the noise disappeared.
This morning I used the batteries to boot the machine, I didn’t hear the noise.

I don’t know the detail of your issure, but I think you can adjust sth to see if you can avoid the noise.