clockworkpi

DevTerm capable of running on external power without batteries/dead batteries?

Do we reckon that I could plug the DevTerm into a USB-C brick and run it without batteries installed?

Hard to say without the hardware in hands, but ultimately it will probably depends on your power supply.

Depending on how power hunger the devterm is going to be, if your power supply is too weak (but still enough to charge when the DT is in sleep) the battery will buffer some of the current spikes

So honestly it is hard to say, but I will answer “probably”

2 Likes

I gotcha, thanks for the info! I’m very curious about this, since I mostly plan on using this thing while on the go, perhaps with a power brick of some variety.

2 Likes

I have lots of batteries and packs that intend to test to see how long i can power and charge with power pack alone

1 Like

Not sure why you would not put battery in it?!

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely WILL be putting a battery in it! I’m mostly thinking about it’s battery life, and how I wouldn’t want to shut the device down while charging (if, for example, I was in the middle of writing when the batteries were going to die).

1 Like

I intend to use powerpacks to see if I can charge the cells thru thr devterm from a power pack and how well this works out.

1 Like