clockworkpi

DevTerm A0604 Performance Comparisons

hey! in doing a bit of research it seems this model of DevTerm is similar to a RockPi4/RK3399-based machine. in the interest of figuring out more about its capabilities, would anyone happen to have any experience with general performance of these types of units? what the GPU can do, what kinds of programs serve as good benchmarks, all these things would be interesting to discuss.

1 Like

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?q=rk3399

this is the equivalent of linking to a google search for “games” when someone asks you what you’ve been playing recently

4 Likes

I’m guilty of playing currently popular games myself so that search might be accurate.

Back to your question, the A0604 will beat a raspberry pi 4 by some but not by a huge amount. So think of it that way.

1 Like

What about other cpus that DevTerm offer?

how do you figure that when the A0604 has a total of 6 cores with a mali-t gpu? the only thing better about the pi4 is the LPDDR4 ram.

@Valssu
ARM64-bit Dual-core Cortex-A72
ARM64-bit Quad-core Cortex-A53

2 Likes

Google results for “games”:

1. Cool math games
  2. Maths games; puzzle, number, strategy logic
  3. Free kids games
    Advertising: Roblox

Either google is profiling me as a 10 year old, or that’s actually what the current trending games are.

Back onto topic. Just like the answer 42, we should be asking the right question. What are we wanting to be comparing performance for? I’m not sure how many people would be using the devterm as a gaming device. If they are, then they just spend a lot of money on something that has far greater potential; and they could have gotten something that is a dedicated gaming machine for far cheaper.

Purely going by memory, I thought the A604 shared the same chip as rpi4; so like @qqMajiKpp mentioned above, it would be the difference in RAM that distinguishes them. Also, the GPUs are different. Performance aside and again from memory (I should be at work), driver support will be better for the Mali GPU of the devterm, vs the videocore GPU of the rpi4.

3 Likes