DevTerm struggles to come back from display sleep

I think there are two separate issues here:

1. deep sleep, which is not possible with stock firmware (my patch solves this)
    • this involves some changes from rockchip BSP kernel, plus it only works with rockchip ATF, so it is not likely to go into mainline
  2. no deep sleep, but the unit still locks up, with stock firmware

I jumped to Arch very early after I received my unit so I kick started enjoying Max’s work and did not experience 2) :smiley:
So @Armbian bump the kernel version to 5.17 or higher and the problem will go away.

3 Likes

I’ve installed a USB mouse jiggler I’ve ran my DevTerm for an hour now and it doesn’t fall asleep more does the display - and I’m using a second display… anyone else tried that??? It keeps the screen awake and uses power but hey better than it locking up! Update - I’ve tested my DevTerm for HOURS using a USB mouse jiggler … it takes up a port by the DevTerm doesn’t lock up - the one I bought has a push-button on/off … also it barely fits the Ops Shield but a little sanding on the 3d print would give it more clearance…I had almost given up on using the DevTerm due to the screen lock up issue now it’s usable again!