GameShell OS update to kernel 5.3.6(With source code)

CPI use USB as a Ethernet Card

In fact, I just purchased a OTG cable and CPI working as USB host correctly. From the kernel shipped with the machine I can see the USB device is found in dmesg message but no further action taken by system(no USB ID identified, no driver loaded) and that’s the reason I build the new kernel with USB support.

It is now supporting my USB storage drive including USB card reader and external hard drive(surprisingly). It make it possible to load games from external storage and make CPI as a backup device for my SD card.

1 Like

That would be nice.So It may also use a USB hub,and I happended to have one integerated with a Ethernet card,hope it works.PS: are you a developer?

Although it drives my peripheral devices aka card readers I still don’t have much faith to drive a hub due to insufficient current for its output. A hub with external power supply should works fine.

No, I am not a developer, just a newbie here.

Hi:

I downloaded kernel source code with version 5.4.2 and compiled successfully. However during boot process it seems the boot screen is missing. May I know how did you integrate with it?

The boot screen can be changed by menuconfig.
I have uploaded the latest source code to GitHub .
https://github.com/asypost/clockwork-pi3-kernel.
May be you can check it out.

1 Like

Hello Shell:

It’s quite confuse for me that, if I build the Kernel from Kernel.org and it’s not including any drivers of CPI, which leads my brightness control, volume control and etc is stop working.

No issue was found from the source code provide by you.

May I know how did you integrate the drivers into the kernel source?

Many thanks in advance.

You can download my code from Github and use a diff tool to figure out the differences between my code and the origin code from kernel.org.

1 Like

Thank you, I succeeded.