GameShell OS update to kernel 5.3.6(With source code)

DOWNLOAD
SOURCE

USAGE:Plug your GameShell sdcard into your PC,on Windows you will see a driver with label " boot " in your File Manager, download and copy uImage into it,overwrite the one which already exists( DO A BACKUP BEFORE THIS ).If Windows ask you to format or repair your driver when you plug your sdcard,ignore it!

NOTE:I don’t test on other versions of GameShell OS except v0.4.

2 Likes

how i did?? put the “ulmage” into my “/”??? please tell me~~thank you!

Plugin your sdcard into PC.
On Windows you will see a driver with label “boot” in your File Manager, copy uImage into it,overwrite the one which already exists(DO A BACKUP BEFORE THIS).If Windows ask you to format or repair your driver when you plug your sdcard,ignore it!

thank you so much!!!!

Do any of the issues with the Lima driver in v0.4 get better with this kernel (vsync, not activating correctly, …)?

Lima driver is still experimental.

Oh, this looks interesting! I’ll give it a go.

In windows I can not see any thing . How can I copy it?

Not found boot drive.

Did you get your sdcard out of your GameShell and plug it into your Windows PC?

Yes, PC display H: , but not foud boot drive. H: can not open it.

What’s the version of you GameShell OS,could you please post a picture of your issue.
If you have the lastest v0.4 GameShell OS,when you plugin your sdcard,on Windows your will see two disk driver in your file manager:one with a label “boot” another your can’t open because Windows can’t recognize.

my OS is 0.4。but not boot drive.

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720191016180732

Look this picture.

So I did the thing and it works, which is nice.

I don’t see a drastic difference, but it’s nice to keep things up to date. Thanks!

It might be something wrong with your sdcard reader,try to use another one or test on another computer.

ok,I successed update. thankyou

May I know which parameter should I given for the compiler?

1 Like

I assume you have downloaded the cross compiler.
Step 1
cd to the source code root directory.

Step 2
If there is no .config file in source code root directory,you need to

cp ./arch/arm/configs/clockworkpi_cpi3_defconfig .config

and then use

make -j2 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- menuconfig

to save the config,this step will avoid to answer questions during compiling.

make -j2 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

the argument -j2 can be -j[number of your PC processors],it’s 2 here because my PC has only 2 processors.

Step 3

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x40008000 -e 0x40008000 -n "Linux kernel" -d arch/arm/boot/zImage uImage

After all those steps without an error,you will see the uImage file.
PS:
you can download the cross compiler from here if you don’t have one:
Cross Compiler
and don’t forget to add it to the PATH.

2 Likes

Lots of thanks! It works as expected and I integrated USB driver to new kernel successfully.

After I finished all preparation I would send a new topic to summarize this as only few of people aware CPI is OTG supported :wink: