How to install 4G modem on kali step by step?

Can some genius out there please give directions on installing 4G modem on kali on the uConsole step by step? Mine shows up as /dev/ttyUSB5 and I have no idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind. It was already working.
I just had to go to console and enter
sudo su

apt-get install modemmanager
uconsole-4g-cm4 enable
systemctl restart ModemManager
Then next I just clicked on the wifi antenna signal in the bottom of kali and added a new cellular modem connection through the nice graphical interface. Works a treat!

Kali, I see. First, where did you acquire the image? I can’t vouch for Clockwork’s version, but I’m fairly positive @Rex built a more up-to-date image with the necessary script pre-installed. If not, here is a link for the steps I did to get mine working.

Take note, the instructions are for Alpine/postmarketOS, but the utilities/libraries you’re looking for are pinctrl and libqmi. As an update to that, the MEGA link should contain a packaged version of the script for Debian/Kali/Ubuntu.

What’s your experience in Linux, by the way? Are you sure you searched thoroughly before you asked here?

(Oof, I forgot to add ModemManager. Super important, too. And I’m not sure if it comes pre-installed by default there.)

I said nevermind, i already solved it before you even typed all this.