How to use RetroArch in Gameshell?

If people are still receiving their GameShells, you can also navigate to this option within the RetroArch menu with the d-pad and start button. Setting > Input > Unified Menu Controls

How do you send a PM?

Well at least in my case, please donā€™t PM.
Iā€™m more than willing to answer your questions here.

Anyway, after enabling unified menu controls I recommend you to change Bind Timeout to 5 or so, and set Max Users to something other than zero, and rebind the buttons.

Remember RetroArch prefers SNES layout so bind the buttons with that in mind. (I also installed the buttons with SNES layout)
Also I recommend you to clear hotkeys by going to input hotkey binds and pressing Y (X in normal layout).
Then Iā€™d also set the last hotkey to Menu (Escape)

That should give you a perfectly usable menu.

Thank you for this video can I figure out how configure retroarch and what core are you use it! Very usefull info to me :smiley:

I have a black screen when I tried to run any game from retroarch :frowning:

What is your video driver under Settings > Driver > Video Driver?
I have mine set to ā€œglā€ which seems to work. (If you ssh into the Gameshell you can set the driver back to sdl, not sdl2, and that should work too.)

1 Like

Does the menu work?
For gpsp you need a BIOS
For PCSX in some cases you do too

1 Like

Iā€™ll build RA and host it somewhere I guess, like a PPA of sorts

1 Like

Iā€™ve put the bios in the same directory and named by the same in the cfg. but when I try to launch any game I have an error message: failed to load content
The roms are in .gba

Thank you for your help!

Hop on the discord server!

Actually itā€™s listed as: menu_unified_controls

LasVegas

Hey, @fr500. Where do I put the ps bios file when using pcsx libretro? I have it in my psx rom folder but it wont detect it

/home/cpi/games/RetroArch/System

Thnx man. I cant get it to setup (pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so.zip wont download because its not on the list) so im just using the standalone. :frowning:

Could someone post the original cfg? I somehow messed with it (only wanted to change the gui but it exits immediately) and deleting it creates a new one which is obviously not configured for GameShellā€¦

Thanks!

Ah, I think I found it - presumably (havenā€™t tested it enough yet) thereā€™s a copy of the original config named retroarch.cfg.blbak .:slight_smile:

You can also find it here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clockworkpi/GameShellDocs/master/retroarch.cfg

Yes, I did download it from there, but itā€™s not configured for the GS (GUI, screen etc). :slight_smile:

Thats the stock one, after downloading it, configuration is as follows: RetroArch Megathread

Yes, seems to be the RA stock config. Whereas retroarch.cfg.blbak seems to be a copy of the one the device ships with.