Looking for experiences with hdmi output

Regarding my post Output HDMI (external display) I have some trouble in external display usage. It is not the side panel (some cable do not fit properly when it is there). xrandr over terminal says: Output HDMI-1 is not disconnected but has no modes…

From what I have read the HDMI output is not yet supported, it should be added in future updates.

It definitely is supported: I’ve used it on my A-0604, although only after removing the side panel as none of my HDMI cables would fit.

From memory, it only works if the cable is connected before you power the DevTerm on; if you connect it after boot-up, it won’t be recognised as a usable display.

relaying on your words, it should be possible to develope a workaround so the hdmi works via plug and play…

The HDMI works in my case (Devterm A0604). It works even if plugged after boot.

2 Likes

I currently have no HDMI output on my A0402 model. I have tried with and without the side panel on, and I have tried booting with the cable connected as well as hotplugging. I get no output at all. The monitor recognizes that there is a device connected, but displays no output, and then goes to sleep. My terminal output for xrandr is as follows:
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 480, maximum 8192 x 8192 None-1 connected primary 1280x480+0+0 right (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm 480x1280 59.30+

1 Like

I am able to plug and play without having to have it plugged in before boot. However, the taskbar at the top will not automatically scale to fit the full width of my monitor unless I have it plugged in before boot. Even then it will not scale if I remove and re-insert my HDMI cable.