Manjaro Linux support

Another update

4 Likes

oh my god! thats really exciting!

Can you provide “nightly” build Manjaro images to some lay men like me?

2 Likes

Yes it will come soon but we encountered an issue with calamares installer. It needs minimum height of 520 and this device screen have 480.

So Dan will try to move devterm image to TUI installer instead of calamares

Update

Thanks for all the work already done why you @m4xm4n

3 Likes

@spikerguy Many thanks! I tried both the minimal and sway images. One weird thing is that I can hear some annoying hissing noise if I plug in the power. The noise will be gone if I am only on batteries. I didn’t encounter such noise while running the stock Clockwork OS.
Any clue what is going on?

@m4xm4n Are you experiencing similar things? Is it possible that the noise I am hearing is due to the fact that the sound driver is not working yet?

2 Likes

i’m installing now, setup TUI worked great! will report back

currently at least with the sway edition of manjaro, the screen orientation is rotated as opposed to being in landscape, probably because the display itself is actually oriented in portrait fashion by default. it was the same with the login manager, i’ll see if i can fix it myself

@phabulosa sound output should work but requires tweaking the alsamixer settings to turn on until that configuration is included in the post-install package. the popping is a known issue. it’s either related to the speaker amplifier and/or the ALSA configuration and when certain things get activated. I’ve been trying to address is through adding an ALSA UCM configuration to minimize clicks but haven’t finished that work yet.

@ghostwerk the display rotation stuff should actually be fixed kernel side, but it’s possible my original repos were copied into the Manjaro ARM trees before I fixed that. I’ll have to double-check

1 Like

That’s awesome! I am wondering if the screen tearing(like scrolling up/down in a browser) improves under sway?

1 Like

it does! i love my sway setup on DT

3 Likes

I’ve burned sway image and I have rotated display.

What to change in configuration?

1 Like

In sway I have to check but in kde settings there is a way to rotate the screen.

Hello @AlexDuan
I have written an email to you regarding the issue i have with my lcd screen. The backlight doesn’t work.

I’ve suspected it to me broken lcd backlight flex cable.
I have also sent images of the same.

Did anyone else in the community faced similar issue with backlight?

1 Like

rotation should be fixed for Wayland in the latest kernel images from the Manjaro “testing” repos. I suspect you are perhaps running an older kernel. It should also be correct for X11 as long as you have “clockworkpi-a06-post-install” installed.

check this thread:

1 Like

Still no proper rotation

Linux devterm 5.16.1-1-MANJARO-ARM #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 16 08:42:28 UTC 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
1 Like

No update was done to the kernel with respect to Devterm A06 rotation.

If the drivers are present then you will need iio-sensor-proxy and other user space library to make it work.

1 Like

@spikerguy there were some changes between when Dan initially built dev images and when he pulled in the latest history from my kernel tree. panel rotation is now set in devicetree and the cwd686 panel driver now but not sure that made its way into any of the dev images.

It just sounds like Sway isn’t using the panel driver’s orientation or something (GNOME on Wayland works fine, so unclear where GNOME is doing something special here or Sway is)

I don’t think that there are any accelerometers or sensors at play that would be aided by iio-sensor-proxy

1 Like

Ah ok, I though there is an accelerometer for auto rotate. I have not seen the schematic yet.

1 Like

Hey All,
Received a working LCD and I am impressed by how well the default os which is Armbian is working. Just tested the headphone jack and it seems to work fine and autodetect seems perfect to me.

I see it is Kernel 5.10 which is mainline LTS. I am testing power consumption via USB it is 5.22V and 0.700Amp which is around 3.6W approx.

I will test Manjaro ARM images and see how well we handle the audio jack function.

3 Likes

The audio jack function should be working now, I submitted some additional packages to Dan last week, along with ALSA UCM config changes for clockworkpi-a06-post-install.

Forgot to update here, sorry about that!

2 Likes

Yes just tested KDE PLasma image and it worked like a charm.
Now I am looking at sleep mode so we can put it to sleep instead of power off and on again. I will get some batteries tomorrow for testing.