Meshtastic expansion card!

The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated…
thought id take a stab at making a internal usb board for the uconsole, specifically so i can run a rak wireless meshtastic radio in mine via the usb, i just ordered some boards from pcbway and uploaded the files to my github below, MORE TO COME!
sorry for ghosting everyone for months only to pop back in with this lol

11 Likes

A Question: Does Meshtastic require a correct timestamp? Because in that case a Realtime Clock would be required for real off-the-grid work.

No time required, just having the same channel name and encryption and stuff messaging will work.

Welp v1 sorta works, the chosen connector for whatever reason didn’t have d+ and d- pins, quick reselection of parts and another rev of the board on the way, just glad the speakers work still

6 Likes

Question, is Meshtastic the same as LoRa as in this would also allow us to the use the uconsole to read LoRa sensors?

1 Like

pretty much, if you know how to run stuff on the heltech board then its free game

I think there can be issues with routing if there aren’t any time accurate nodes connected in a mesh. So, either internet connected or GPS enabled.

I really like this. I’m still a bit leeching but want to give your next rev a go!,

i have excellent news, i selected a different connector and now it works! Wurth_Connectors_WR-USB is what you should use! you will need to sand the edge of the pcb to fit it just right but other than that, it presents to the system as a serial port, i run the web client in a docker container on the pi and then just select it from the serial interface, works great!

any progress? is it available?