Midi controller / USB / synth / speaker?

yeah, that’s why I didn’t bother to reset the mapping. I don’t have anything else for xterm at the moment, but I think it might be handy this way with other apps later

1 Like

aaaand, I’m back to say that it’s not a good idea to leave the mapping after closing xterm, as it prevents other games to use menu button to exit, so it’s better to add && killall xbindkeys to the command executed on Escape

1 Like

It was mentioned in a tiny note in the 0.4 release, as a dot point. It was very missable! Nice little Easter eggs are littered throughout the image. :slight_smile:

I can send you my final files to make it accessible through the UI, if you want. But there’s not much more than discussed in this topic, only the icon is missing here.

1 Like

Oh, wait. I guess I’m talking to some spam bot or something, as it’s literally part of my first comment in this thread…

1 Like

Hmm, they could very well be human, seeing as they’ve made a thread before:

But at the same time, I came across as rude to another user in another thread, not replying to their reply.

https://forum.clockworkpi.com/t/custom-d-e-o-t-v2-0-clockwork-os-v0-5-image-with-customised-deot-interface-kernel-5-4-24-optional-1400mhz-oc-debian-10-buster-retroarch-1-8-5-mupen64-plus-more-current-build-200423/5088/257?u=javelinface

But on closer inspection, I just noticed the periods are little hyper links! I wouldn’t have noticed this, had you not mentioned responding to a bot. Note that both of them have very similar names.

I loathe bots. Hurm.

Might be a hacked account. There’s another replay in another topic that’s exactly the same as the other comment in the same topic.

yeah, this one is definitely spam

1 Like

I just got https://github.com/jpetazzo/griode/ working on the clockworkpi in a matter for minutes.

I can do a forum post if anyone is interested !

7 Likes

Very late to reply to such an old post but I’d definitely be interested in hearing about how you got this to work!

Sure. Do you have a more specific question ?

Sorry, not specific really…just a place to even start! I’ve not really delved in to any development on the gameshell. To be brutally honest, it’s been sitting in a drawer collecting dust for a couple of years. I decided that it might be able to be used either as a midi controller or synth or similar and found this post.

Are there any tutorials or anything where I can jump in?

You can start with the griode quick start : GitHub - jpetazzo/griode: Griode + Novation Launchpad + Raspberry Pi = a music instrument!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll have a look in to it. :+1:t2:

Please make a forum post!