Netplay 2 player

Just lookin for info on 2 player netplay. If anyone has an idea of where I can input an IP address to connect to that’s be cool.

I’m trying to play two player games with my cpi and my rpi using the same ROM

If you want to use RetroArch netplay you don’t need to input any data.
Just start server in on, refresh room list in another and connect to the one that reads (local) gamename.

I made the lobby system so I have tested it a lot, it works :slight_smile:

Is there a way to do this on CPI 0.5? I tried doing a Netplay but the game just freezes and disconnects after a few minutes.

New user from 2023. I tried starting a netplay session on my Windows desktop and connecting with my GameShell. I load PicoDrive with Gunstar Heroes; when I try to connect I get “Compatible content found”, then directly after, “Couldn’t find a suitable core or content file, load manually.” When I host with the GameShell it comes back with “Failed to initialize netplay”.

I think everything’s updated to the latest versions on the GameShell. Is there any way to get netplay working?

EDIT:
It quite literally took all day but I finally got it working. Here’s the basic outline of what I did:

• Install latest Debian archive keyring so you can apt update and apt install (don’t know how risky this is, but my GameShell’s working fine. I downloaded the .deb on my PC, copied via SSH, then sudo dpkg -i to install).
  • sudo apt update
  • Compile latest RetroArch, useful links below.
  • You might need to update the core info files before things work
  • Compile the latest PicoDrive core (or whatever core you want to play with) and copy it to ~/.config/retroarch/cores/
  • Set core_updater_buildbot_cores_url in retroarch.cfg to “”, otherwise it’ll downgrade the core whenever you start netplay.

These links were very useful: